“Wonderful bed&breakfast”

Ranked #2 of 2 Saxilby B&B and Inns
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Wonderful bed&breakfast”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Fantastic b&b,we booked canal view for a weekend away for our 7th anniversary break to Lincoln,we arrived 7.15 ish on the Friday evening,warm welcome from Roland,Louise,and grace,shown to a lovely room,lovely breakfast both mornings,easy drive into Lincoln,then we went into Newark,couple of nice friendly pubs in saxilby village,we would recommending canal view to anyone.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank yasfaye

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I was in Lincoln on business and came across this Bed & Breakfast on trip advisor. The way this business is managed by Roland , Louise and trainee manager Grace is first rate and always puts the customer at the heart of everything they do. The breakfast was as good as any top hotel and the rooms are very comfortable and well decorated to a high spec. Within a week I stayed again and the consistency is there with a lovely welcome and a very pleasant stay. I would recommend to anyone that really wants to be looked after in a Lincolnshire way.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Shildon, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Tip top stay at Canal View. We were on a fleeting visit to Lincoln and chose Canal View as we thought it would be more pleasant than a city centre Travelodge. Roland Louise and Grace couldn't have been more friendly and accommodating especially regards my son's dietary requirements. Breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 October 2013

My sister-in-law and I had a two night stay at Canal View and we found the welcome, the food, the room and the hospitality first class. Saxilby is lovely and the historic trail very interesting and it is so easy to get transport into Lincoln and leave the car behind. We have no hesitation in recommending Canal View to anyone. We only wish we'd stayed longer.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends

Burnham, Bucks
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I went to Lincoln to visit a Chinese friend who was about to start Uni. For me, Canal View was ideal as it was firstly near to my friend and close to Bransby Horses rescue centre and a Japanese Garden I was also keen to visit.

As I travelled alone I had the single en suite bedroom which was more than spacious. The full English breakfast was quite possibly the best breakfast I had ever eaten and their coffee was lovely too.

In my opinion, Roland and Louise from my arrival day went above and beyond expectations. Always willing to help whenever questions asked. I stayed three nights and thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

One last thing, they had a guest lounge area which had an old rocking horse and an in tune piano which added a nice final touch to my stay.

If I go back to Lincoln I will definitely stay at the Canal View B & B again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo

Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 September 2013

A two night stay during which the hosts excelled with their welcoming hospitality. Very good room well equipped with everything one could wish for. The addition of a guset's lounge was a nice touch. Within walking distance of the varied amenities that Saxelby has to offer.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Largs
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We had a very enjoyable short stay at Canal View. We found the modern furnishings and comfortable bed a pleasure. The room and bathroom were spotlessly clean with every need catered for. The location was ideal for visiting Lincoln and the canal-side was perfect for a nice walk which unfortunately we did not have time for as we only stayed one night and had to leave early. Breakfast was great and our hosts were very friendly and helpful recommending somewhere for dinner. We chose the nearby Bottle and Glass in Harby which served home made food at a reasonable price in a nice village setting. We would definitely return to Canal View and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank QE2fan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saxilby
DoubleTree by Hilton Lincoln
Best Western Plus Bentley Hotel & Spa
The Rest
The Rest
#2 of 48 in Lincoln

Been to Canal View Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!