“Slimmers beware”

The Bridge Inn
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 23 May 2012

On the strength of other reviews we had lunch here with our brother and sister-in-law. We sat with drinks in easy chairs to discusss with the friendly barlady what to eat. The chef was even on hand to offer his suggestions (- it was a weekday lunchtime). Our choices were: blade of beef, chicken supreme and fish and chips. We moved to the large conservatory to sit down to eat in splendor. The food was beautifully presented and in lavish quanitity. We enjoyed it very much, and so did our dog later.

Reviewed 19 May 2012

We visited on a miserable rainy day with friends and to our surprise it is a little gem, good food and value for money. The fish and chips are to die for.

Reviewed 20 April 2012

This was our fourth visit to The Bridge Inn since its relaunch; on all occasions we have not been disappointed. The refurbishment has created a bright and pleasant dining atmosphere complemented by good service. The excellent food is well presented and reasonably priced; 3 courses with wine at £27.50 per person. Overall, a very positive sign that The Bridge Inn is committed to provide Saxilby with a first class restaurant, at last!

Indeed, we have already booked for an RAF reunion next Saturday with friends.

Reviewed 16 April 2012

A business pal and myself were heading into Lincoln for a meal on Saturday night, on the route in via Saxilby when we noticed The Bridge Inn was open and trading. It has been closed for yonks, so decided to give it a try. WOW WOW WOW. For a laugh we asked for The Whole Rib of Beef for two and we wanted it cooked properly...........Med to Rare with red bits.
It was truly superb and actually too much for us, but! we asked for the remains to be wrapped for take away. I arrived home and placed it in the fridge ready for my Monday lunch sandwich. I have to say not only was Saturday nights meal great byut my Monday lunch sandwich was far superior than any sandwiuch bar can offer in Nottingham. Well done to the hosts Alan & Chantal for a truly remakable food experience and I wish you both good luck. I will certainly be recommending it to my other mates and business clients.......JC

Reviewed 9 April 2012

I went to The Bridge Inn as I passed it alot going to and from lincoln and was always interested about the re opening. I can honestly say the food here is the nicest I have had out, I had the fish cakes which were very nicely presented with a poached egg on top and a nice garnish on the side. For main I had the lamb and was equally impressed. The décor was charming and look forward to some summer time meals by the canal.
Keep it up Bridge Inn!!!