“The owner, staff and the hotel is top notch!”

Le Cameleon Boutique Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Cocles
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I had a chance to stay at Le Cameleon for 3 days and was amazed by the beauty of this hotel. The all white theme was brilliant with the soothing forest that surrounded it. They even changed the colors of my pillows and paintings each day in my room. Most admirable, was the kindness of the people that worked there. I was an ordinary person, who was treated like a Queen! They went over and beyond to accommodate my guests and I. The owner even stopped by and made sure we were all well treated. I'm coming back again soon!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MonicaQLE

Reviewed 2 September 2013

We had a blast. We came in with our dear friend Danny And Eliane Glover. The place was beautiful, with a jungle look mixed with a clean artistic room. They change the colors of the room deco daily and have fun lights behind the bed luminating the room with beauty. The owner happend to be there and worked just as hard as the staff. That was great. The food was great, the service was outstanding , and I can't wait to go back. Thank you Capitan for the great service xoxo

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank mariesha
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Le Cameleon is a gorgeous boutique hotel built in the lush jungle on the beach. The staff were fantastic, and the junior suite in which we stayed was wonderful, looking out over the pool with a terrace that felt it was in the middle of the forest. The food was great although not consistent... You could order the same dish twice and receive something completely different! But Le Cameleon was a wonderful place to stay, from the ambient music playing at the pool, to the fairy-lights which lit your path through the jungle to the restaurant, to the hammocks on the beach... It was beautiful and I would highly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

Le Cameleon, it's a really nice hotel, since the moment we arrived, everything was awesome, costumer service is really good, and the place is just beautiful, rooms are really clean and they have a great restaurant as well. My whole family had a great time and loved the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Alejandra G
Reviewed 13 June 2013 via mobile

There are things about this hotel that I loved: the gardens are stunning, mature, well-maintained and full of birds. The pool is beautiful. The beach is also great and was almost deserted when we were there. The staff are lovely, and very helpful. Also the food on the lunchtime beach bar menu is delicious. However there are a couple of things I think could be improved, in case management are reading this! We tried to get a bottle of champagne for one of our party for his birthday and it was very difficult to organise - and when it came it was only Cava. The restaurant also ran out of all but one type of red wine (an expensive one) when we were there. And despite the fact that it's in a stunning tropical location the bar doesn't serve fresh fruit juices - the cocktails and juices are made from syrup. I mention these three things because they are easy things to get right. I would also add that the jingly-jangly music played by the pool all day isn't to my taste - I'd prefer to just listen to the birds and the jungle noises, but this is a personal thing! All in all I loved my stay here and would recommend it to anyone with enough money.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank HesterPlumridge
Reviewed 6 May 2013

After crossing the border (Panama-Costa Rica), it was the surprise ! No more steel, tall buildings and traffic jam. It was nature at its excellence. We arrived on a beautiful sunny day at Hotel "Le Cameleon" and headed straight to the beach. A wonderful beach, very calm and very clean. The tour of the hotel was made by the GM who explained us the facilities of the hotel as well as some information about the plants in the garden and the Higuanas chillin at the top of trees.

The rooms were also a surprise, to have that much confort in the jungle. It was a perfect harmony of modern design and nature.

The food was very tasty, I specially recommand the Spaghetti with Fresh Lobster.
In the Village of Puerto Viejo, there are so many bars with very relaxed atmosphere and everybody is so welcoming. I simply felt like in the movie "Rhum Diaries" with Johnny Depp.

We stayed there for 4 days and decided to stay for 2 extra days.
I was actually sad to leave Puerto Viejo, but I'm sure I will be back soon.

Room Tip: Room 29 (Suite) and 15 are super nice
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Elyes L
Reviewed 1 May 2013

I have never been to the east coast of COSTA RICA . I came across an article in THE NEW YORK TIMES about this boutique hotel so I decided to give a try . It is located in PUERTO VIEJO/LIMON(one of the provinces of COST RICA). The hotel is surrounded by a lot of vegetation very beatiful setting.It is a quite hotel at the time of my stay it wasn't that crowded 2 or 3 families including mine , some couples but that was it.The service was very good. The rooms were cleaned every day. The price for the rooms was on par with any $$$ hotel anywhere in the world. If you want to feel like you are in the USA this is not the place for you ; there are all sorts of animals and insects in the area after all these are the tropics.It is part of the charm. If you are used to a 5 star hotels in the USA this is not the place for you as this boutique hotel it's in another country that it is not the US ,after all when you go to EUROPE and the hotels advertise as 5 star you know that in the STATES they would be a 4 or a 3 star. LE CHAMELEON for me it's a beatiful hotel in COSTA RICA. I can't imagine the difficulties they must have handling a hotel away from main cities it has to be very difficult and just for that I praise the staff that try to make the stay of everybody as comfortable as possible.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank enrique142
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cocles
Hotel Banana Azul
#7 of 12 in Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Passion Fruit Lodge
Passion Fruit Lodge
#1 of 12 in Cahuita

Been to Le Cameleon Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!