“Muy Delicioso!”

Que Rico Papito Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 6 Restaurants in Cocles
Price range: US$4 - US$25
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I already raved about the breakfast at Papito's. However, I also had lunch on occasion and dinner often. After a full day on the beach, I didn't always feel like traipsing into town and the dining room is so inviting and the staff are fun and welcoming.

I love the salad that started off each meal with a combination of lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, cucumbers and choice of dressings (I liked the basel dressing the best!) One night I had red snapper (the whole fish) grilled to perfection with grilled vegetables. The curry chicken dish with rice is delicious and I even had a thick steak on the barbecue grill one night! There's a varied menu and the desserts are large and sinful! And, the homemade bread is served warm!

Reviewed 19 November 2013

We had the pleasure of spending 3 breakfast and 2 dinners in this lovely tropical paradise. The owners of this family operated hotel and restaurant go out of their way to make everything just perfect. The chef is most talented and presented a daily special menu based on the day's catch and the freshest local vegetables and fruits. The seafood was flipping fresh and the tenderloins were delightful. The salads and fruits were always presented in such a way that you were forced to take photos of your plate before diving in. The tropical rain forest is lush, filled with birds and all sorts of creatures including monkeys that made dining an adventure in the best possible way surrounds the restaurant and bar. If you don't see what you want on the menu, just ask. I even managed to get the recipe for a pesto vinaigrette that is is second to none. Romance is yours if so desired by taking a secluded table complete with fresh flowers and candles. Each table and chair are hand made works of art crafted from local trees. We are indeed looking forward to returning many times in the future.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Nicest hotel restaurant ever! Ate every breakfast and all but one dinner there. The dinner menu was international and included fresh local fish, pasta, salads and more. The hand carved furniture and art were fresh and fabulous. I loved everything I tried especially the crostini, the caprese salad, and the vegetable strudel. The full Costa Rican breakfast buffet included fresh exotic (to me!) juices and fruits, pinto gallo, quesadillas, pancakes and eggs cooked anyway you wanted them by Tico ladies and our waiter Gabriel was excellent

Reviewed 31 August 2013

We ate dinner here every night of our three night stay at La Costa de Papito. The staff is friendly and the food was good. The fresh ceviche was to die for! The drinks are also good. Some of our meals stated that they came with salads and it seemed hit or miss, but there was so much food on each plate my husband and I usually shared a meal and were both full at the end!

2  Thank Hollie D
Reviewed 27 July 2013

This is a beautiful restaurant with very attentive staff , it being only 10 mins walk from the Bungalow we are renting was an added bonus . Been twice now and both meals were lovely , Pool table here also so you can really relax and make an evening of it