We just returned from a few nights stay at La Finca Chica and couldn't have asked for anything better. When we arrived we learned that the cabinas were designed by a Spanish architect (the owner), and are really special!
Setting: The bungalow/cabina we stayed in was so private and peaceful, yet it did not give you the scary feeling of total seclusion. The owners live on the property and other bungalows are well spaced out. You cannot see anyone at all from the comfort of your bungalow. VERY lush surroundings - we were woken to the sounds of birds, peacocks, and ducks every morning. They roam freely and came to the Finca Chica property every morning because it is so BEAUTIFUL, with ancient trees and blossoming flowers of a wide variety, surrounding your room.
The bungalow itself was exquisite and far better than anything we've ever seen in Costa Rica. There was so much attention to detail, both in the design of the space itself and the decorating. We have stayed all over the world, often in luxury accommodations, and I'd say this was one of the cleanest places I have ever experienced. Our bungalow also had a very generous outdoor deck area with two extremely comfy lounge chairs, hammock, and 4 chair dining table. WiFi worked perfectly the whole time - we could even stream a soccer match over the iPad that my boyfriend wanted to see. Bed was great and we slept so well every night completely undisturbed by any outside noise.
Location: Set well back from the main road (5 minutes walk) - a big plus
Do NOT book anywhere else!! While the pictures on their website do look nice, it is much more refined and special in person. No other place in the area compares.
We stayed at one other place in the area (which also cost much more) during our stay and it did not even compare, we kept wishing we could go back to Finca Chica.
The owners are also very helpful and responsive. We found our dealings with them always pleasant and easy. Our room was cleaned well every day and the bed made again before we returned each afternoon.
PERFECT STAY!! Thank you Finca Chica!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exquisitely designed and built wooden cottages with kitchen. Fully equipped: including phone, sat TV and ADSL internet access. Located in a very private and secluded 2.5 acres landscaped property with immense jungle trees, tropical fruits and flowers, 2 miles south of Puerto Viejo in the Cocles area, next to some of the most beautiful pristine beaches. Nightly, weekly, monthly rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your La Finca Chica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Finca Chica Hotel Cocles
- La Finca Chica Costa Rica/Cocles