Review Highlights
Great stag weekend!

Amazing stag weekend with the Wild Bush Company. Great activities including archery, axe throwing... read more

Reviewed today
Scott B
Wild bushcraft company

Just like to say a big thanks to Jamie for a fantastic informative day, met some great people... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Fearless63534483234

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
All reviews stag do venison axe throwing knife making amazing weekend great fun these guys from start to finish knife skills laid back bush craft end of the day his team fantastic experience deer stalking second to none great value for money
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 May 2018

I hired Jamie for a half day hunting skills package followed by venison butchery class for my mate's stag do.
We were staying in cottages in North Wales and Jamie & Ed (and Fitz the dog) turned up and had everything ready to go by the time we'd hobbled out with hangovers in tact and fresh coffee buzz just kicking in.
We had a large open field which the guys used really well - we had axe throwing, archery and air rifles. The guys took us through the safety of each activity and got us under way - in no time at all we were relative(ly bad) professionals!
There was an air of safety but it never felt in your face or overbearing - we were able to rotate around the activities as we saw fit. The guys introducing new challenges when we thought we'd mastered the latest skill!
At first discussion, I had wondered how this would take up five hours - it wasn't until Jamie asked if we would like to get started on the butchery lesson that we realised how quickly the time had flown!

Jamie had already hunted the roe deer for us and he took us through the whole process from skinning, to the individual cuts and getting some of us involved in actually taking on some of the slicing and dicing. When it came time to cooking up, Jamie took over and we had an amazing BBQ venison with simple but tasty salads.

Absolutely cracking day. Jamie and Ed were brilliant - very easy to talk to and full of engaging conversation.
Highly recommend this package and/or the company to anyone looking for something a bit more engaging and challenging

2  Thank footloosephoto
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Archery, axe throwing, shooting and some eye opening butchery all topped off with some amazing food cooked for us. The whole thing lasted about ten hours but the time flew by. Would highly recommend. Absolutely top blokes too. :)

1  Thank James M
Reviewed 24 May 2018

Jamie came along to a camp we had organised for some of our customers to give a venison butchery demonstration. Deckchairs at the ready, we all sat in the sun while he built a wooden tripod from which to hang a 30kg roe deer he shot recently in the New Forest. Jamie’s enthusiasm is catching and he soon had children and adults alike wielding a knife and helping with the skinning, jointing and preparation for cooking. Jamie’s knowledge and love of the land shine through and pepper his talks with titbits of knowledge and deeper insights into managing our land and deer populations. The tenderloins and haunch steaks were cooked to perfection and everyone had a taste and mopped up the juices with sourdough bread made by another guest. A thoroughly enjoyable few hours with a thoroughly lovely person. Will definitely book again!

Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

Absolutely fantastic weekend with Jamie, the Boys and Brew the dog 🐕. Bushcraft and butchery weekend (stag do) everything was well organised from the activities we did to the food and accommodation. This beats glamping as you get a kitchen pod for each Bell tent ⛺️ that has two gas hobs along with fresh running water and all the bits and bobs you need such as plates,bowls kettle, and cutlery. Learnt so much in just 3 days I would highly recommend. Bush tucker trial was really tasty 🐜. The only downside is the weekend went so fast due to having so much fun 🤪 10 out of 10 thanks. Amazing host with so much knowledge and enthusiasm thanks dude!

1  Thank JoeHinky
Reviewed 14 May 2018

I just got back yesterday from my Stag party at the Wild Bushcraft Company and would like to say a big thank you to Jamie and the team for putting on such a fantastic weekend – it was an awesome experience and exceeded my expectations at every turn. We chose ‘The Hunter’ package as it provided a wide range of activities, practical lessons on the outdoors as well as the ‘traditional’ stag elements i.e. having a few beers and heading to the pub.
Spanning three days we started Friday with some fire lighting skills and I learned how to start a fire with a bow drill which was hard work but really good fun. We then had an enormous feast of homemade venison stew which was delicious. Next I did a bush tucker trail which was brilliant – I completed all the challenges and packed in a lot of protein (I won’t spoil the surprises!) and then finished off the night with a few beers around the camp fire. Saturday started with a big cooked breakfast which was welcomed after a few beers the night before. We then started on the knife skills and learned how to create small traps by whittling wood and constructing the frames. The rest of the day we got taken through the axe throwing, air rifles and archery – we had an awesome afternoon and had to flexibility to go to any of the activities and do as little or as much as we wanted. We soon started some competitions, made up some challenges and in thoroughly enjoyed the sun. In the evening I got the opportunity to butcher a deer, Jamie was a great teacher and walked me through every step of the way. We cooked up the spoils of my butchery and had some of the nicest venison I’ve had. After some top tucker we then got a taxi onto the local pub called The Grouse which was fantastic – its set in a beautiful location, had a great selection of beers and really friendly staff. Sunday morning we were treated to bacon sandwiches and then headed onto the local gun club to do some clay pigeon shooting. We had Instructors take us through all the techniques and after some practice rounds had a competition which was excellent fun. A true test of a good time is how quickly it seems to go – the last few days felt like they flew by.
I had high expectations before this weekend and can honestly say the experience exceeded what I thought it would be. Our host Jamie filled me with a lot of confidence whilst I was arranging the weekend with him as he was friendly, highly organised and responsive to my queries. He made the whole thing a pleasure to organise and helped me build the weekend tailored to my needs. From arrival to our departure our host Jamie made the whole weekend a pleasure. Jamie is a top bloke and made an instant rapport with everyone; on the way back in the car my friends couldn’t praise him enough.
The site facilities were second to none, the tents were really comfortable with proper beds and duvets – it was the best two night’s sleep I’ve ever had in a tent. The kitchen areas and decking for my tent was great, Jamie’s attention to detail is spot on as we had everything we needed and more to make our stay comfortable. It’s the little things that set a good experience apart from a fantastic one and Jamie has got this down to an art.
If you are looking to do something a little different for a stag party I couldn’t recommend it more. Everyone in our group (16 of us in all) contacted me after we left to say how good a time they had – this particularly salient as our group was made up of different ages, nationalities and both experienced campers and first timers to the outdoors.
I told me future wife about how good a time we had and I’m now lined up to take her to do a course with the Wild Bushcraft Company after the wedding!

3  Thank Jamie C