Ettington Chase Hotel
US$143
US$139
US$85
  • Pool
The Charlecote Pheasant Hotel(Charlecote)(Great Value!)
US$67
  • Bar/Lounge
Stratford Limes Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
US$132
Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
US$107
TripAdvisor
The George Townhouse(Shipston-on-Stour)
US$100
TripAdvisor
Macdonald Swan's Nest Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
US$204
US$185
US$147
US$100
1,635 results
All reviewsettington chasegroupon dealleisure facilitiesjacuzzi and saunaevening mealmurder mystery weekendchequers innstratford upon avonbuffet breakfastbar pricessuperior roomlovely groundsweekend breaktrouser pressboth morningsshort drivefirst morning
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Stayed here last year but standards have slipped badly. Rooms rather tired looking & could do with a facelift now. Food was poor. Breakfast buffet style had been cooked for some time and kept warm. The eggs were disgusting. The evening meal was little better. I ordered the Eton Mess dessert and what a mess it was. Just a plate of cream with a few berries. I complained and although the manager agreed it was unacceptable nothing was done.
Will not be going back

2  Thank Margaret B
Reviewed 26 June 2012

we stayed at the hotel this weekend and can thoroughly recommend it
the staff were very professional and courteous
the layout of the hotel has been well planned
there were weddings on whilst we were staying there but these did not affect our stay as the rooms are well away from any disturbances or noise
the food was well prepared and reasonable value for money
in all an enjoyable stay

1  Thank james b
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Just returned from our 2 night special offer stay, what a lovelt stay it was too. I have been to many of the usual group hotels through work and you get very much the same sort of thing all round. The rooms are clean and provide all of the necessary, however our bed was a bit bouncy, we also heard others mentioning the beds but it was not bad enough to complain about. what set this place off, for us, was the service. The team there were very attentive and nothing was too much trouble. The evening meal was included and was really good, so much so we seriously considered eating there on our second night, however the closeness to Stratford upon Avon made too much of a draw. We would definately use the hotel again as long as price was in the same bracket, but at £72 per night per room, it was a steal.

Reviewed 20 June 2012

We held our evening wedding reception at this hotel and I would highly recommend it to anyone thinking of doing the same. The entire booking process was simple and efficent, Nicola the wedding co-ordinator is excellent and nothing is to much trouble for her. On the day I forgot to bring a wedding post box for all the cards, no problem they just made one out of a box and wrapping paper I provided !!
The food was amazing we choose the buffet food from a selection of sample menus and everyone raved about it, a month later I am still getting compliments on how good the food was !! 10 people didn't turn up on the night and a few arrived after the food but most of it still got eaten as people were going up several times as it was so nice.

We stayed in an executive room in the old part of the hotel which was nice with plenty of room, only complaint was the mattress was so soft, which I gather from other reviews is standard throughout the hotel. I know some people prefer a soft mattress but this one meant you had to lie on the very edge of the bed to prevent yourself rolling into the middle every time your partner moves, which still happened throughout the night. In the morning I had lower back ache which I haven't had for years.

Breakfast was good although not a huge selection considering it is a big hotel, not really a problem for us as we were only staying one night. I'm not sure why people feel the need to have a moan about the hotel being an old part and a new part, does it really matter ? The rooms are still the same just different lay outs. We didn't use the pool but our friend did and said it was nice.

I appreciate we may have had more attention than the average guest as we had a wedding party there but I agree with other reviewers that the receptionists (except one) are not exactly friendly or welcoming, they just look bored and miserable. A few guests mentioned this to us to and this leads me onto the one and only problem I had with the hotel and is why they got four stars instead of five.

One of our cards containing a voucher went missing at the hotel, I am convinced this happened when the presents were brought up to our room. I offered several times to take all the gifts upstairs but the manager on the night insisted and I believe that the card was dropped on the way up and someone took it. I called the hotel three days in a row to chase it up and despite being promised by 3 different girls on the reception that they would look and call back they never did. I was later told someone had tried to call me back but the phantom calls never showed up on my mobile or landline and no-one thought to leave a message ? Hmmmm

So I emailed the head office customer care department and this seemed to get things moving but I was then told the card could not be found, they were taking no responsibility and I wouldn't be reimbursed. I was obviously not happy about this due to the amount of money myself and my guests spent so decided to pursue it. I did eventually come to an agreement with the hotel manager but was sad that it took over two weeks to get it sorted.

By all means have your wedding there, you will be pleased you did but ensure you move all the cards and presents yourself or have someone you know in charge of doing this !!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Ineedaholiday2012
Reviewed 16 June 2012

Stayed here on a Travelzoo deal over a friday & saturday night. From the minute we arrived I felt completely relaxed, just what was needed. Rooms and overall hotel very clean and tidy. Don't be duped that this is an oldy worldy hotel - the building in the main picture is just the reception.
We had dinner both nights in the Tempus restaurant; delicious food, not too much choice either. Restaurant team were lovely and polite.
We didn't manage to use the pool but it looked lovely, did use the small gym though. there should be a note put up on the cardio equipment - maz 30 mins usage!
On the website the grounds reported to be 11 acres, when we asked at reception for a walking guide around the ground we were told the boundary 'is from that fence to that hill' certainly not 11 acres!
the hotel is about 6 miles outside of Stratford Upon Avon, a very easy drive to get there though.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends