“Great value for money break :)”

Ettington Chase Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ettington
London, GB
“Great value for money break :)”
Reviewed 23 September 2012 via mobile

Got a fab rate through Last Minute.com and enjoyed a child free weekend. Room was perfect for our needs and staff very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was very tasty and there was plenty of choice. Only suggestion we could make would be for the hotel to provide some mineral water in the room. Will certainly visit again :)

• Stayed September 2012
Ettington C, General Manager at Ettington Chase Hotel, responded to this review, 24 September 2012
Thank you for your positive feedback following your recent visit. I look forward to welcoming you back to Ettington Chase in the near future.

Stuart

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
manchester
Reviewed 21 September 2012

hotel did not have my booking details, but sorted it with a smile
good advice on options available
Large room and manged to use the pool late too
Great breakfast choice and quality, make sure you are hungry for the price tho !

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback follwoing you recent visit. We do offer some excellent value bed & breakfast rates on our website should you choose to stay with us again.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 September 2012

One of the best "deals" I have had. Booked without knowing which hotel it was. Described as a 4* hotel with leisure facilities "in the Stratford area" I booked 3 rooms and with prices better than a Travel Lodge and rooms and facilities infinitely better we were all more than happy with our stay. Very comfortable, clean and spacious room and excellent pool which we all enjoyed. We walked the short distance to the Chequers Inn which is only a couple of minutes outside the hotel gates on both the nights we stayed and we had breakfast each morning in Stratford so I can not comment on the food. There was no menu (diner or breakfast in our room) - this might have enticed us to "eat in" and the TV did not have more than a couple or three channels so couldn't get (e.g.) Sky News or BBC 24 hour news which is surprising for a 4* hotel. One other point which should be looked at is that with our rooms being at the far end of the hotel, we had to pass the pool which is some way from reception. to collect towels and I would have thought better arrangements could be made. These are all minor criticisms which could easily be improved. However, would we stay again - definitely.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Relionme
Thank you for your feedback follwoing you recent stay. There should be both a restuarant and room service menu in our bedrooms and I have asked our housekeeping team to check this is the case. Our bedroom TV's recieve a limited number of freeview channels but a full SKY offering is available in the bar.
On the whole though I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back to Ettington Chase in the near future.
Old Windsor, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 September 2012

This was a surprise present from our sons for our wedding anniversary... Stayed 15-16 September. Easy to find and close to Stratford where we spent a lovely day. Great warm welcome from receptionist, who explained everything clearly. Huge room (11)... great facilities. We went for a swim - first class pool and jacuzzi. Weren't brave enough to try the sauna or well equipped gym.

Tight budget so decided to find a pub for dinner (The Castle, about 6 miles away, along the road away from Stratford - amazing place!). We have had Tempus Restaurant food in the summer and it was delicious, so it was only cost and a wish to explore the area that sent us out.

Sleep not so good - our mattress dipped in the middle which we only discovered atnight time - luckily my wife and I are friendly but it did wake us up as we kept rolling together! We reported it in the morning... I guess the management don't know these things if no one tells them.

We thought we'd have problems from noise and crowds as there was a wedding, but this wasn't the case. Heard no music and it didn't feel at all crowded, even at breakfast which was busy but never chaotic.

Breakfast simply the best! Fabulous local sausages, bacon perfect, eggs just right. Ashley on the door was a charming, friendly and helpful young man and I'd have done a VIP star card if I'd have thought about it, he was so welcoming!

Easy checkout... so a perfect weekend, thank you all!

I would certainly love to come back one day with my sons (but guess I'll have to start saving!).

Room Tip: 11 was a double superior - no noise from weddings or anyone and only a few minutes walk from recepti...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Zaphods_Wombat
Thank you very much for your positive feedback following your recent stay. Our housekeeping team will investigate your comments on the bed in your room and we'll rectify the issue. I'll be sure to pass your feedback regarding Ashley onto him and I'll complete a star card for him from your comments.
I hope to welcome you back to Ettington Cahse in the near future.

swindon, UK
Reviewed 17 September 2012

We booked a weekend, 2 nights B&B and first evening meal for around £80pp. We think this was good value. We are a group of seven women celebrating 50 years of friendship from school days, so not spring chickens. I requested a shower rather than a bath and that was sorted, perfect for me. All the rooms were spacious, clean and had everything you would expect. Staff generally really nice and helpful. I think the receptionsts were over stretched a bit but still ok.
The food was lovely, good variety.

We had a couple of cons. Beware the price of coffees from the bar - £3.90 for a cup, not a tall glass, a cup. I think as they have loads of conferences many guests are paying on expenses. It put us off buying any drinks, we could make teas in the room.

Also being a wedding venue, most of my friends were kept awake by celebrating guests for much of the night, myself I slept all thru. We should have complained at the time - 4am - but we didn't. If I had woken I think I would have.

Otherwise it was all good, the location close to Stratford, the hotel, the grounds, very good - and very comfortable beds and decent sized towels! We didn't have time to try the spa but it looked good.

Room Tip: 102 overlooked the storage skips, but v good otherwise
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Many thanks for your feedback following your recent stay. I was pleased to read on the whole your experience was a positive one. Should you wish to return to celebrate 51 years of friendship next year I would be more than happy to acommodate you again.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 September 2012

Having read a lot of reviews giving a poor review to this hotel I was really skeptical, however I was pleasently suprised. Our room was in the wing that everybody said wasn't very good and I can say that the room was comfortable, bed was cozy and very spacious, the only two improvements that i would recommend was a lick of paint and more higher water pressure. In addition to this comfortable room let me say, the food was great, evening meal prices were as expected being a 4 star hotel but very tasty and breakfast is very good.

Staff were very friendly and in particular the waiting staff couldn't have been more helpful, there was a wedding party both nights but this did not disturb my time away at all.

Pool is lovely and quite warm, it was quite funny on a sunday morning seeing the people who clearly had been at the wedding party the night before try and swim a few lengths.

Overall I would recommend this to my friends and family, especially if you are visiting stratford upon avon.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Daniel S
Ettington C, General Manager at Ettington Chase Hotel, responded to this review, 17 September 2012
Many thanks for your positive feedback following your recent stay with us. I was glad to read you enjoyed your time with us and I hope you choose to stay with PH Hotels again in the near future.
Reviewed 6 September 2012

Stayed over night in the elliot suite on the 10th august for our wedding which was amazing, The suite was everything we could of imagined the bed was huge so had a brilliant night sleep and loved the layout of the bathroom. Arrived at the hotel after the ceremony and was treated like celebs with red carpet and champagne on arrival. Guests were treated to pimms and the canapes (quail eggs, filled peppers and mini fish and chip cones) were delish!! then had photos taken around the beautiful grounds and inside the hotel itself. when then went into the wedding function room where they layed all of my decorations to exactly how we wanted them. And sat down to enjoy a fabulous 3 course meal which was med veg tartlet, Mushroom gallett for veg and rump lamb and burgundy jus for main and ameretto cheesecake for dessert absolutly amazing food!!!! we then had speeches and toast with sparkling wine. all drinks with meal went down a treat with us and guests!! We then moved on out to bar area and court yard and had more drinks and socilising. It then came time to reenter the wedding room to cut the cake and some extra special which was organised from friends. We then had our first dance! Dj was brilliant exept we did ask for no cheesy songs but the guests loved it as was very drunk. The day and night went brilliant and our toast master (imran) was brilliant he made it all run smoothly and treated us amazingly! Also the evening buffet food went down a treat everyone loved it! Everyone of our guests have commented how lovely the venue was and how brilliant the staff are!! Also Breakfast in the morning was lovely and the swimming pool was great the next day. The staff have been brilliant since the time we booked the wedding till even now, so helpfull and kind. Caint wait to come back for our first year anniversary.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Butler21
Many thanks for your positve feedback following your wedding. I'm glad to hear we contributed to making your day so special and I'l ensure your comments are passed on to Imran and his team.
Wishing you and your husband a happy future together.
Stuart
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ettington
Ettington Park Hotel
#15 of 28 in Stratford-upon-Avon
Billesley Manor Hotel
Billesley Manor Hotel
#13 of 28 in Stratford-upon-Avon

Been to Ettington Chase Hotel? Share your experiences!