“another good stay”

Ettington Chase Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ettington
Reviewed 18 January 2014

myself and partner have just a short break at this lovely hotel,thanks to groupon. it was the second time we have stayed,and it is the second good trip. checking in was easy,the room was clean and tidy and plenty big enough for two. we enjoyed an afternoon swim,though i was disappointed the jacuzzi was not working,and do think we should have been told at reception. the evening meal and wine was included,and it was lovely,and the wine a bonus. We had two morning s of buffet breakfast included,and can t fault it. staff were good and food was hot and plentiful. One small moan,the wifi was a bit of a pain to get onto,but we did nt book a break to spend all weekend on-line,so it is being really picky!!! all in all,a great stay for the money. will gladly return a third time.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Ettington C, General Manager at Ettington Chase Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Many thanks for your positive review of Ettington Chase. Unfortunately during January we have experienced some technical issues which were beyond our control with our free Wi Fi provision however I am happy to say that these have now been resolved so hopefully on your next visit you will not encounter any such problems.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

My husband and I have just returned from a enjoyable stay at the Ettington Chase Hotel. We stayed on the Groupon deal and we thought our stay was great value for the money we paid. We enjoyed using the spa, the pool was nice and warm and a great size to. We thought our evening meal was delicious and the free bottle of wine was very good. Our breakfast the next morning was superb lots of choice and lovely helpful waiting staff. We would defiantly return in the future.

1  Thank Cathy K

Many thanks for your positive review of Ettington Chase, we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

Stayed here for one night with my partner in January on a Groupon deal, staff very friendly and polite, nice room with comfy bed although the bath was very small. Evening meal was lovely and good choice at breakfast. Wine was very expensive thou. Lovely spa

Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have just returned from a restfull and enjoyable stay at ettingham chase. Firstly check in was very friendly and efficient and though I had emailed to request a nice room with a view as a special occasion we were given a floor level room which was covered by scaffolding as work was being done, and actually were awoken very early by the workmen the following morning. If there is work being done then I'd advise the management to move their guests elsewhere so they wouldn't be disturbed(seeing as the hotel was far from occupied)The room itself served our needs and was pleasant enough. The pool facilities were top notch and we enjoyed the evening meal in the tempus restaurant and also at breakfast the next day was very good.we stayed here through a groupon deal and would say it was very good value for money. Staff charming and friendly

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Justbecauseishould

Thank you for your positive review of Ettington Chase. I apologise for any inconvenience caused by the emergency repairs to our roof which we taking place during your stay, we always try and act upon guest requests but on occasions we are unfortunately unable to do so.
I hope this will not deter you from staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

What a wonderful experience. I stayed for one night when attending a surprise birthday party. Everything for the party went smoothly with fantastic food and the service was second to none. I had an executive room that was huge with a lovely bathroom with a bath to get lost in! Very comfy bed and all the extras that made the stay a real treat. Breakfast was buffet style with everything you could want, very hot and fresh and continually topped up. Nothing was too much trouble. I would recommend this hotel to anyone be it for a special occasion, short break or a business event

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank StratauntyP

Thank you for your positive review of Ettington Chase, I was pleased to read that you had such an enjoyable stay and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Stuart

Reviewed 5 January 2014

I booked a single night at Ettington Chase hotel after seeing it advertised on Group - On. I opted for just a single booked via the hotel site. It was good value for a standard double room. I was after a nice location to travel into Stratford Upon Avon to do some exploring. On arrival we were allocated our room, on viewing the room, it was very standard, to be expected, but there was a slight stench within the room. I immediately spoke with the enthusiastic smiley receptionist, and she was more than happy to give us an upgraded room.

I would definitely recommend spending the little bit more and booking a superior double instead of a standard.

The pool facilities were lovely, great warm swimming pool and Jacuzzi, and we opted to have a breakfast and it was well worth the £10 each.

The location of the hotel is ideal for Stratford upon Avon, although we booked a meal on Sheep Street, and a taxi there was £20 each way.

I would stay here again, and will be looking out for any future group on deals.

Room Tip: Recommend a superior room.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for your positive review of Ettington Chase and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night as our company Xmas event was being held here.
Room wise it was clean and comfortable. Room was quite large. I found the bed comfortable and had a good nights sleep. Breakfast was fine. Room had ironing facilities which was appreciated.
Food at the event was good.
Only negative aspect for me is that I found the room on the cool side as it is a central radiator heating system, but not end of the world stuff.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Woodhouse35

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us. I hope you choose to stay with us again in the near future.

Stuart - General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ettington
Mercure Stratford-Upon-Avon Shakespeare Hotel
#15 of 28 in Stratford-upon-Avon
The Stratford, A QHotel
The Stratford, A QHotel
#6 of 28 in Stratford-upon-Avon

Been to Ettington Chase Hotel? Share your experiences!