Ettington Chase Hotel
  • Bar/Lounge
The New Inn(Stratford-upon-Avon)
Hampton Lodge(Stratford-upon-Avon)
View Hotel
Macdonald Alveston Manor Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
  • Pool
Stratford Limes Hotel(Stratford-upon-Avon)
1,614 results
All reviewsettington chasegroupon dealleisure facilitiesjacuzzi and saunaevening mealmurder mystery weekendchequers innstratford upon avonbuffet breakfastbar pricessuperior roomlovely groundsweekend breaktrouser pressboth morningsshort drivefirst morning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Stayed for 2 nights over the bank holiday weekend. Upgraded to a superior room and apart from 1 or 2 small problems, I thought that room was of a high standard. The small problems were, not a great picture on the tv and the plastic strip attached to the shower door either needed replacing or a very good clean.
The breakfast was excellent, with plenty of choice and good quality food, there was even freshly squeezed orange. We had dinner on the first night and that was also of a high quality.
Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our stay, special mention to the efficient and well trained staff (all of them) and the grounds and garden very well maintained. Didn't quite understand the arrangement with wifi, only 30mins then you had a long wait (3hrs I think) before you could use it again.
Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 12, there was a boiler (I think it was that) above or near our room that you could hear during the night. Didn't keep me awake, but maybe if your a light sleeper (like my wife) may be best to avoid.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Ettington C, General Manager at Ettington Chase Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Thank you for your positive review of Ettington Chase following your recent stay with us and your constructive feedback. We are looking into the options for boosting the TV signal within certain areas of the hotel to improve picture quality and we hope to have a solution by the end of May. We are currently in the process of switching providers for our public Wi Fi access and again I hope we will have a satisfactory resolution to any connection issues we are currently experiencing in the near future.
I hope to welcome you back to Ettington Chase next time you choose to visit this area.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We managed to book a stay from Sat --Mon through Groupon Offers so to find ourselves in such a fab location & Hotel was a bonus. We had a Superior room (paid extra for upgrade) with reasonable views across the front of the Hotel grounds & front of of the Hotel, also included was one 3 course Dinner on night of arrival with a bottle of sparkling wine and Breakfast on both days. The Hotel has a pool, gym, sauna so it was nice to relax by having all of these. The meals in the Hotel are 1st class in our opinion with happy & helpful staff. The rooms were clean & comfortable with all that we needed. The room we had was room 12 on the 1st floor although i did hear a bit of a pump sort of noise coming on & off all through the day & night it was not that loud , i just have sensitive ears , also the TV was not very clear to watch as a bad reception but we didn't have much time to watch it but we would have complained if we had spent more time in our room. Apart from the pump noise the silence was so peaceful . Our stay cost us £200:00 for 2 nights. Would we stay again !!! YES !!!! The journey in to Stratford for the sights only took about 15 mins depending on the traffic but well worth the trip.

Room Tip: I wouldn't want rooms 17,16,15,14 as they look at a wall. I would prefer a room in the old Hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your positive review of Ettington Chase following your recent stay with us. I'll investigate the issue you raised in regard to the noise which disturbed your sleep and ensure we come up with a solution. I hope you choose to stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We stayed at Ettington Chase for a long weekend which included attending our friends' wedding. I was quite concerned by some of the negative reviews but we had a wonderful time from start to finish...

We arrived quite early and were fully expecting for our room not to be ready but we were pleasantly surprised - and we had succeeded in getting a room upgrade for a tiny bit more which was definitely worth it. The staff on reception were really friendly and helpful. The room was lovely - quiet, spacious, clean and modern with nice views.

The wedding reception was superb (made even better by the sunshine) with drinks on the lawn and then a lovely sit down meal. Drinks were reasonable for hotel prices and all of the staff throughout the day were really helpful and friendly.

Breakfasts were great - good selection and well organised. The spa facilities were also very nice.

The weekend was certainly made by the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. We would certainly go back as it is a great location for exploring the local area.

The only tiny niggle (and it really is tiny) is that we are big coffee fans, some better coffee and it would have been even better!

Room Tip: When you book you might be emailed with an option of paying for an upgrade if one is available - it's definitely worth paying a bit more to get a superior room!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your positive review of Ettington Chase following your recent stay. I'm glad we were able to exceed your expectations and I'll be sure to pass your feedback on to the team here.
I look forwad to welcoming you back when next you visit this area.

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

After much searching we decided to stay at the Ettington Chase hotel for our last weekend away together before our baby arrives. We soon wished we hadn't.

Firstly when I booked a deluxe room I expected a deluxe room. I certainly wouldn't suggest spending the extra money and booking one of these as I'm not quite sure what's deluxe about them. I'm not sure if this is a feature of the deluxe room but our toilet smelt of sewage. We mentioned this to reception on our way out and they sent someone to our room who I believe turned on the air ventilation system which, along with a loud clicking sound kept me and my pregnant partner up alright. I should also mention that the smell if sewage remained.

One of the reasons we booked this hotel was because of the swimming pool so after a sleepless night we thought we'd have a relaxing swim. The pool was out of order. Thankfully though they moved us to one of their other deluxe rooms which had a little less paint peeling off the walls and no smell of sewage, but we did get a nice wake up call from a hoover outside our door at half 7 in the morning.

So if you are thinking about staying here for a relaxing weekend away, I wouldn't but if you decide to then definitely don't fork out the extra for a deluxe room. A disappointing last weekend away before we embark on parenthood.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Ettington C, General Manager at Ettington Chase Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Sorry to read of your disappointment following your recent stay. I'll investigate the issue you raised in regards to your bedroom with my maintenance team and resolve any issue we find. Unfortunately the pool had to be closed as the chlorine dosing pump failed and we could not repoen the pool hall until this was repaired. I believe the pool was reopened later the same day once the chlorine levels had been calibrated.
I apologise for any inconvenience caused and hope you choose to stay with PH hotels again in the near future.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

We stayed here for one night on a Groupon deal which seems to be quite popular here. Our room was in the big extension on the ground floor and from the friendly reception to the cheerful waiters in the restaurant, we had a really good night. I would echo a previous reviewer of the tvs in the rooms. They are not really up to scratch, also free internet for half an hour only?? Apart from that we really enjoyed our stay. Our room was very clean, Food in the restaurant for evening meal was great, as was breakfast with a good choice. I particularly enjoyed the fresh oranges to squeeze! We also used the spa facilities which were fine.
The location is just a few miles from Stratford and in the middle of the countryside outside the village of Ettington.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your positive review of Ettington Chase. I am pleased to say that we have recently upgraded the TV signal receiving equipment within our standard accommodation and now have 30 channels available in each room.
I hope you choose to visit us again in the near future.