“Couples weekend getaway”

Ettington Chase Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ettington
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I paid for me and my partner to go away for the weekend for his birthday. I was very excited but he was slightly apprehensive but after the stay he was very happy with the service we recieved!

First off we arrived after work and were warmly welcomed by reception staff, it was very quiet when we got there which was lovely! When we got to the room we were very impressed, it was very clean and tidy and they supplied extra towels. The bed was extremely comfortable and we slept very well!
We live in Coventry so it wasn't far to travel but was its enough just to getaway! We drove into stratford one day and it was lovely whether and was also very near wellbourne market so we went and did a bit of shopping!
There is a lovely little pub round the corner from the hotel called The White Horse, we went to watch the football game there and although the TV was very loud it was a great environment and the staff were friendly and the food was amazing!
Breakfast at the hotel was amazing as well and all staff were very friendly, we didnt pay for breakfast as it was part of the price we paid! We didn't eat dinner at the hotel because it was very expensive and drinks were also very expensive which I would say was its only flaw!
All facilities at the hotel were lovely we went into the swimming pool, jacuzzi and sauna and they were all lovely we also got talking to another couple who were also lovely and they've stayed at the hotel numerous time!
We stayed 2 nights and overall we had a lovely break I would definitely recommend this as there is a lot to do around the hotel as long as you can drive!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Katie H
Ettington C, General Manager at Ettington Chase Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a positive review following your recent visit to Ettington Chase. I hope you choose to stay at Ettington Chase again in the near future.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel on the evenings of 25th & 26th July 2014 as I was at a wedding nearby.

Overall this was an average experience.

I would note that the hotels pictures suggest it to be a classic building when in fact it is heavily extended and a typical brick build.

The rooms were fine however bathroom caused concern. The mastic was missing and black around the bath, the tiling grouting was dirty and the shower mixer cover was coming loose.

You also only got an hour free internet every three hours which normally wouldn't be a problem but bare in mind that there is no 3G around there. After that you had to pay to use the internet which I do not agree with at all.

This is a noisy hotel and there was a wedding party in on the second night which involved a fight outside my room. A rather loud drunken man was trying to get into his room which had been locked my what I presume was his partner.

My mother checked out for me and she was staying also in an adjacent room and she mentioned this to reception and they were not very interested at all.

Despite this, breakfast was good and there was ample safe parking here.

When considering I paid 75 a night this wasn't a bad stay at all.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Hambleretreat
Ettington C, Manager at Ettington Chase Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Thank you for comments regarding the hotel, we are currently refurbishing the rooms in blocks and will bring the facility issues you encountered with the housekeeping and maintenance team. We are reviewing our internet policy for guests at the moment, so you feedback is appreciated.

It was unfortunate your party were disturb by wedding guests, when we have a wedding at the venue we try our best to keep wedding guests together to limit the amount of disturbance to other guests, however when they book individually this is not always possible, if our night team is notified we would always deal with this immediatley.

Once again thank you for your review.

Oliver Wortley
Operations Manager

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Please avoid this hotel at all costs - even the Premier Inn is far better than this.

We stayed 4 nights for a family wedding. Firstly there is zero ventilation in the room. Staff did provide a fan after a wait. The beds were not supportive, the pillows barely there and the towels and linen ripped.

Smells from other room's bathrooms flooded in via the ventilation duct every morning. The iron was only luke warm, similar to the very disinterested service received from staff in the diningroom during breakfast. Clearing our table was so dire, that on many an occasion we actually stacked our used crockery on the next door table in order to have sufficient space to eat.

Another couple who attended the wedding arrived at the hotel for 3pm with the intention to be out for the 4pm wedding. But that would be presumptious - why would a room be ready on time?

The weekend we were there saw a dentistry graduation ball - the revellers were left entirely to their own devices and made the hallways and common areas their own private party areas until sunrise the following morning.

All in all a dreadful stay. And we've heard others with very similar Principal Hayley experiences across the country.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Leana14

I am sorry your visit did not meet your expectations. At present we have a refurbishment project on going, which includes the replacement of beds in each room. We have already replaced 70 beds in the past year. We endeavour to deliver good customer service to a wide range of clients and I will be adressing the issues you encountered with the relevant departments.
I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your feedback, If you would like to discuss the matter further please contact me directly.

Oliver Wortley
Operations Manager

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel as part of a Murder Mystery weekend, therefore stayed in a 'standard double room'. The room was exactly that.
It was clean and very basic, which was fine for our weekend stay. My only comment on the decor is that the bathroom could do with an update. The only fault I could give is that the room didn't contain a fridge which I thought was pretty standard these days and also the walls are VERY thin. We heard doors being opened and closed all the time and peoples conversations in the rooms around us.

We were very impressed with the size of the meals provided within our weekend package and very pleased with the quality of the food as well. We were a little surprised to hear that the bar does not accept cash after 11pm and disappointed that reception failed to mention this on arrival.

Even though we didn't use the leisure facilities in the hotel (as there wasn't enough time) it was nice to know that these facilities were free to use for overnight guests.

Overall, I would say that we would stay in this hotel again if in the area.

• Stayed: August 2014
Ettington C, General Manager at Ettington Chase Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Thank you for your positive review of Ettington Chase folloaing your recent stay with us. I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

I needed an early checkin and was told in response to my email I couldn't have one and should look around Stratford or use the leisure facilities as check in was 2pm. I arrived at 11.30 am having left Cornwall at 5 am to miss the holiday traffic...and was immediately given a room so I could rest before the wedding I was attending at 5 pm nearby. Excellent service! The screams in the corridor outside my room were disconcerting as was the room labelled 'Police Incident Room'...until I realised the hotel had been taken over by a Murder Mystery weekend. The bar menu is limited and the restaurant closed for Saturday lunch...and 3.95 is tops for a cup of tea...
There was a fly buzzing round my room. There was a used pllaster off a finger or toe by the side of the pool when I went for a swim. No bags for my wet costume and none to be had on asking.
At 99.00 a night these things matter. Staff coped well with a busy breakfast serving but at £14.95 on top of my room rate I would have expected a little more than just a buffet...eg poached eggs not just fried. Only one pillow on the bed no sign of a spare....small points but adding up to a feeling of having been slightly overcharged!

• Stayed: August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us. I was surprised to read you received such an abrupt response to your email request for an early check in. Whilst we cannot always guarantee one due to other business within the hotel our reception team will always grant this request upon arrival should a room be available at that time. On weekends where we host Murder Mystery Events we hand out letters upon check in to guests who are not attending this event which explain what is going on and there is also marketing material placed around the hotel advertising the fact this event is taking place. I'm sorry that you do not appear to have received one of these letters or been told about the activities taking place. Our weekend rates reflect those of simialr standard accommodation in the locality but as with all areas of hospitality the best deals are always to be found in advance of your arrival so I would recommend booking as far ahead as possible to get the cheapest rates.
I hope you choose to stay with PH hotels again in the near future.

Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

The staff were Friendly and well mannered, lovely room with a huge bed. Bathroom maybe needed a little TLC, and TV didn't have a great signal but the facilities were great (swimming pool ect) and bar/restaurant were superb.
Great stay. Hopefully will be back.

Stayed: August 2014
Ettington C, General Manager at Ettington Chase Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Thank you for posting a positive review of Ettington Chase following your reccent stay with us. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your time here and we have, this week, upgraded the TV signal receiving equipment within the hotel to improve the picture quality.

I hope to welcome you back to Ettington Chase in the near future.

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for our wedding the weekend of June 6th. Our suite Tennyson was lovely and roomy in the old house, with an amazing bath with an amazing view!

The highlight for us was the staff, they looked after our every need even though we weren't actually marrying there, nothing was too much trouble for the staff and they were all genuinely excited for us on our day and saw me off in the wedding car, which I thought was very sweet!

The team were also excellent prior to the wedding, keeping us updated on who was staying from our guests and replied promptly to any queries. A real credit to the Principal Hayley brand.

Stayed: June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a positive review of Ettington Chase following your stay with us in June. I was pleased to read that the team contributed to making your time here memorable and I'll be sure to share your feedback with them. May I take this opportunity to wish you and your husband a long and happy marriage on behalf of everyone here at Ettington Chase.

Stuart

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ettington
Ettington Park Hotel
#15 of 28 in Stratford-upon-Avon
The Stratford, A QHotel
The Stratford, A QHotel
#6 of 28 in Stratford-upon-Avon

Been to Ettington Chase Hotel? Share your experiences!