“Farm Shop a total let down” 2 of 5 bubbles

Imhoff Farm
Ranked #1 of 9 things to do in Kommetjie
Cape Town Central, South Africa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Farm Shop a total let down”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

Every so often we visit Imhoff Farm for activities for the kids. We had a good time and before leaving I thought I would give the farm shop another try, but once again it was a total let down. The prices of bottled water and cool drinks aren’t marked or displayed on the fridge shelves, so one has to hope for the best when one goes to pay.

The sweet things from the table were as unappetising and poor-tasting as on previous occasions, and do not befit a ‘free range’ farm shop. We took home samosas and after trying to eat them we threw them in the bin – inedible! I suggest that the chef samples the ready-made food that is put out.

To top it all, I stood in front of the unattended pay point with things in my hands waiting to pay. Some staff stood around chatting while others were just looking at me hoping that I’d disappear. Eventually I got assistance with a mumbled apology about not having seen me.

Visited May 2014
3 Thank CandiceMatthews
Karen C, Manager at Imhoff Farm, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Candice

Thank you for visiting Imhoff Farm. We're so sorry to hear about the disappointing experience at the Farm Shop – these are considerations we take very seriously and are working hard to improve. We'd like to invite you back to enjoy a meal on the house anytime you are in the area.

Jonathan Serfontein
Owner, Free Range Farm Shop

Nashville, Tennessee
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

This might have been my favorite restaurant in SA. Not only does it have incredible views, but the food is wonderful. Plus there are shops, and you can go horse back riding or take a camel ride.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank beccalynn32
Durban
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“Imhoff and Horse Riding”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Visited Imhoff Farm for the first time and took opportunity to go horse back riding on Noordhoek Beach. What a great and fantastic experience and trotting and cantering on the beaches of the Atlantic Ocean. Will return to ride again. Did not have more time to explore the Farm however so many different activities and plan to return when next in Cape Town.

Visited May 2014
Nottingham, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Amazing horse ride”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

Just the best place to have a beach ride. A well established riding centre that really care for their horse, and all horse's were happy in their work. Rode on the 20th March. Our guide Cody was brilliant.
Cody made a her own assessment of the riders ability we had all informed her that we were experienced (often the case when clearly no experience!). Cody allowed us all to have a canter across the most amazing beach.
Cody loved all the horses and ensured all riders treated them well.
I rode indie a lovely pal amino mare.
For all you horse lovers out there, if you are lucky enough to visit the wonderful country of South Africa, make sure you include this in your trip.
The farm had a lovely restaurant lots of things to see and do if you have friend that are tagging along but not riding.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Lisa O
Halifax, England, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“amazing ride on the beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

I have travelled a lot and the experience I had last week of riding on a beautiful well behaved horse on one of the most deserted and beautiful beaches ever was an experience to remember forever. It was 2 hours of heaven. my lovely horse Indie and my lovely guide Cody made this a trip of a lifetime. I would recommend a visit to Imhoff to anyone, spectacular!!!!

Visited March 2014