What an amazing experience. This was our first trip to South Africa, we had a week on safari then a week here. When we pulled up outside I didn't quite know what to expect, we walked in and were taken to the balcony and given a class of wine, the manageress (who is an absolute sweetheart) talked to us about us, where we were from what we wanted to do etc then we were taken to our room which, well, I just don't know what to say, it was the most stunning room I've ever been in. Our bags were already there and we were left to chill out. Shortly after there was a knock at the door and the manageress had come back with ideas of what we could do whilst we were there all sorts. There was simply nothing that was too much trouble for her or any of the staff. The breakfasts were amazing and when we came in of an evening the room had been turned down for the night and there was a little desert on our pillows.....do not stay here if you don't want to put on a stone!!! I cannot rate this hotel highly enough. We had six nights there and I actually cried when we left. I adored it. It's not cheap by any stretch of the imagination and I would just say, before you let anyone book anything for you from taxi's to excursions, check the prices out first as they can be very expensive but we simply got carried away on the whole experience. On our last morning having breakfast we even saw whales in the bay. This hotel really did live up to its name, it is The Last Word.....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Long Beach is situated in the picturesque lobster-fishing village of Kommetjie, a short thirty minute drive from Cape Town. It is truly a special place to stay, offering a rare and rewarding alternative, romantic hideaway. Facilities include a swimming pool, relaxing sun deck with ocean views and whale watching in season. There are six ultra luxurious suites all with stylishly comfortable interiors. Each spectacularly appointed room faces the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your The Last Word Long Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Last Word Long Beach Hotel Kommetjie
- Long Beach Cape Town
- The Last Word Long Beach Cape Town/Kommetjie, South Africa