We stayed at the Long Beach for 4 nights at the beginning of our holiday, and couldn't have chosen a more tranquil place to relax. We were welcomed with a cold drink on the terrace which overlooks the silver sand dunes of Kommetjie Bay, propped up by Table Mountain in the background, then shown to our room. The beautiful open-plan suite was spacious and airy, tastefully decorated in mellow colours that complimented the natural landscape, and the olive & honey cosmetics provided in the ample bathroom were lovely to use.
The staff we met (Haylee, Jennifer and Zel) could not have been more accommodating. They were attentive, friendly and very helpful with suggestions, routes and information about the Cape Peninsula. We chose to have breakfast (a leisurely affair) on the terrace watching seabirds and listening to the surf, but could have eaten in the laid-back dining room or been served in our suite. Wherever you take it, breakfast is well worth getting up for!
Although the hotel doesn't generally offer dinner, by prior arrangement they can organise a local chef to prepare a meal for you. We opted to eat in the first night, planning to eat out after that, but the food was so delicious that we ate at the Long Beach every night! Joan, our chef, who cooks like an angel, offered innovative top-quality cuisine and also introduced us to several traditional South African favourites. Each plate was perfectly cooked and presented - each plate went back to the kitchen clean; weight-watchers, beware!
I'd happily recommend the Long Beach to anyone: discreet friendly service, sumptious food, beautiful surroundings - total relaxation is guaranteed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Long Beach is situated in the picturesque lobster-fishing village of Kommetjie, a short thirty minute drive from Cape Town. It is truly a special place to stay, offering a rare and rewarding alternative, romantic hideaway. Facilities include a swimming pool, relaxing sun deck with ocean views and whale watching in season. There are six ultra luxurious suites all with stylishly comfortable interiors. Each spectacularly appointed room faces the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Last Word Long Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Last Word Long Beach Hotel Kommetjie
- Long Beach Cape Town
- The Last Word Long Beach Cape Town/Kommetjie, South Africa