We missed the little turn to get to this place-it is tucked away right on the beach-but when we arrived we were bowled over. It is beautiful, light and airy. The pictures on the website are a real reflectionof how it is. We looked at our photos on the computer and the sky is that blue!
Jennifer met us and gave us a glass of cold white wine and a warm welcome. She set the scene for the stay. The whole team were wonderful. Helpful and friendly without being overbearing. Our room was fabulous, huge, beautifully decorated and with an enormous shower area. It looked stunning during the day. After turndown it looked magical with candles and rose petals.
Jennifer had made a provisional reservation at a nearby restaurant- Rioja. We took up the reservation and the food was great, just a glitch with our starters. The next night we ate in house, quite pricey but excellent and with the tremendous location it made for a perfect evening, ending with coffee and Amarulla delivered almost on tap by Zet. The next night we walked to the Fishermans-a basic local pub but great fish and chips. On our way to the airport we ate at the Harbour House in Kalk Bay as recommended and booked by Hayley. Another stunning meal in a special location, although there are several places to eat there with amazing seaside views.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Long Beach is situated in the picturesque lobster-fishing village of Kommetjie, a short thirty minute drive from Cape Town. It is truly a special place to stay, offering a rare and rewarding alternative, romantic hideaway. Facilities include a swimming pool, relaxing sun deck with ocean views and whale watching in season. There are six ultra luxurious suites all with stylishly comfortable interiors. Each spectacularly appointed room faces the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your The Last Word Long Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Last Word Long Beach Hotel Kommetjie
- Long Beach Cape Town
- The Last Word Long Beach Cape Town/Kommetjie, South Africa