I was there for work, stayed two nights at the Hill Rooms.
Overall, it was an impressive location for a resort, what with a river running right through it. You're in the forest, so the sounds and the sights are pretty. Service was commendable, with very friendly and helpful staff. Having chatted with the resort staff, I would definitely go back for at least 4-5 days stay and do all the tours as this is apparently THE place to see wildlife!
Note: Journey from the main road into the resort can get very bumpy. So if you are worried about getting car sick, do take the front seat and tell the driver to take it easy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tabin Was declared a wildlife reserve because of the large numbers of animal species inhabiting its forest, including several which are highly endangered. With a protected forest area of 120,500 hectares, Tabin plays an important role as a dedicated ground for the breeding of endangered wildlife and protected mammals in Sabah. Tabin Wildlife Resort offers visitor facilities and accommodation within the wildlife reserve to provide a comfortable stay whilst experiencing the spectacular Borneo flora and fauna. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Tabin Wildlife Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tabin Wildlife Hotel Lahad Datu
- Tabin Wildlife Resort Lahad Datu, Malaysia - Sabah