Stayed here with my husband as the first leg of a 7 night jungle tour, also stayed at Borneo adventure, Kinatabanga river lodge and Abai river lodge, ( see separate reviews).
Arrived from kota Kinabalu airport to Lahad Datu and were met by the guide and driver, very bumpy 1 hour drive up an unmade road in the middle of a palm plantation, but well worth it we spotted a giant lizard, monkeys and various brids before we even arrived at the resort.
We stayed in a river side lodge which was spacious and had an en suite shower room, Ok not 4 star but very comfortable and for the middle of the jungle quite amazing. We were looked after by the guide and taken on various trips including jungle trekking, night drives, swimming in a remote lake with an awesome waterfall. To get to this we did trek through waist high water and had to empty our wellies at various points of the walk, but great fun and worth it to be in such a beautiful spot. The food was basic and as we don't eat meat they provided other options for us, if I was going to moan about anything this would probably be it as the food was limited, however this is a very small part and we had adequate food to eat and to think of the location and the amount of wildlife we saw it was worth it. All in all an amazing experience and not to be missed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tabin Was declared a wildlife reserve because of the large numbers of animal species inhabiting its forest, including several which are highly endangered. With a protected forest area of 120,500 hectares, Tabin plays an important role as a dedicated ground for the breeding of endangered wildlife and protected mammals in Sabah. Tabin Wildlife Resort offers visitor facilities and accommodation within the wildlife reserve to provide a comfortable stay whilst experiencing the spectacular Borneo flora and fauna. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Tabin Wildlife Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tabin Wildlife Hotel Lahad Datu
- Tabin Wildlife Resort Lahad Datu, Malaysia - Sabah