“Not just Golf”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Wick
Brussels, Belgium
“Not just Golf”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

Although only arriving and leaving in the dark I found Tracy park to be an attractive hotel. The converted stable accommodation was welcoming and clean in all the right areas.
The bar and restaurant where very good with excellent food.
I would definitely put this on my "return" list.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

TP_Management, Public Relations Manager at Tracy Park Golf & Country Hotel, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Good Morning,

I'm writing to offer you our sincere thanks for taking the time to write a review in light of your stay with us.

Over the last six months Tracy Park has undertaken a huge overhaul of its processes, costings and services available and whilst we have more developments in place for 2014 we are so grateful that our hard work is resulting in such complimentary feedback!

We welcome any further suggestions you may have and we hope you'll consider us again in 2014!

Head of Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

Would recommend Tracy Park Hotel. Beautiful manor house, great rooms in converted stable,blocks, comfortable beds, friendlly and helpful staff, great location for visits to Bath, Bristol, Bradford on Avon and all the other attractions in the locality. Easy to get to from the M4, ample parking, stunning grounds with golf course. Really enjoyed the breaffast, set us all up for the day. Go live some history!

Room Tip: Stable block twin rooms were great and cannot imagine the standard would be anything other than firs...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Accrington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

I have been staying at the Tracy Park Hotel since October 2013 and have been extremely happy and comfortable there. The staff are very friendly and professional at all times whilst going out of there way to help me with any problems - Thanks for taking care of me when I became ill - Nothing to do with the hotel mind.
The Carriages where I was staying is absolutely fantastic and I look forward to visiting the hotel once again.
I would recommend the hotel to anyone as it has been a fantastic place to stay.

Keep up the good work everyone and I, along with my colleagues will see you again very soon.

Regards

Gilly

Room Tip: If you can afford to use Carriages - then do so. But all the rooms are really nice
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Newbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

Beautiful surroundings and buildings - a lot of character and lovely views. We decided to pay extra for a luxury room which was very nicely decorated and very clean. The bed itself was extremely comfortable, we had everything we needed in terms of coffee/tea facilities, toiletries etc and we enjoyed a lovely cooked breakfast. However, we did not see another guest during our stay and after arriving back to the hotel from dinner just before 10pm we had hoped to have a drink in the bar, but to our disappointment it had been closed early. I suspect this is because there weren't many visitors, and due to it being too late to order room service, we were then unable to order a drink of any sort, which left us at a loose end. The staff were all very friendly, however it would have been nice if we were offered the opportunity to, for example, buy a bottle of wine beforehand, if they suspected they may close the bar area earlier than stated.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Langport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

My husband and I stayed here at the weekend whilst we were visiting Bath for the Theatre Royal. When we arrived we were given a twin room, which was fantastic, however we did want a double, but this wasn't a problem after immediately speaking to the receptionist we were given a double. I had booked a Superior Double room, and they are superior, lovely huge bed and such comfy duvet and pillows (which you don't always get in hotels) and quality sheets, plenty of space in the room and a double shower, roll top bath and his and hers sinks. It had quirky little windows which looked out on to the courtyard. Very quite at night so we could have the window open, you are within the golf course grounds and there is nothing immediately around.

Lovely breakfast and lots of it, and the dining room had such character.

On checking out we spoke to the Head Housekeeper about the hotel and rooms, lovely lady and very passionate about her job and where she works. She was a font of knowledge, we were given the opportunity to have a look at The Carriages, which are rooms that were newly built two years ago, but everything is listed so the outside still keeps its original features.

The rooms were just fabulous, still smelt brand new and the walk-in in double showers amazing. we had a look at the Four Poster rooms and it all just kept getting better.

I would say stay in those as they are the best, but the twin room we nearly had (no.9) and our room we did have (no.19) are also extremely high in standards. Although I will say our shower looked a little tired in the corners, but still very clean.

All staff very friendly and helpful, Angela who called us a taxi ahead of us arriving to get us to the theatre, thank you. I never noticed her name, but the Head Housekeeper was great and couldn't do enough for you.

If you are staying there and visiting Bath, it is about 15 minutes away and a taxi is around £20 each way.

Room Tip: If booking a double and expect a double bed, I would call prior just to make sure that is what you g...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

No real complaints at all. very friendly and all as expected. worth remembering that the rooms are in converted stables so in poor weather (as we had) there is a dash to the main building for breakfast etc. Also the heating is electric a/c units so the room can be very cold when you arrive and takes an hour or so to warm up.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank bob F
Good Morning,

Over the last six months Tracy Park has undertaken a huge overhaul of its processes, costings and services available and whilst we have more developments in place for 2014 we are grateful for any feedback to aid us in these changes.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

I had traveled from London for a romantic weekend getaway with my partner, after painstakingly researching what I felt was a romantic spot for us, I settled on the Tracy Park.

Upon our arrival we were allocated a tiny poky room, I overheard some customers in front of us in reception mention that half of their group would no longer be attending that night. So when I requested an upgrade to my surprise I was told they were full.

The room was described online as having a separate seating area and being slightly more spacious than their basic suite. After seeing what we were offered and would love to have seen a more basic suite.

We woke up and made our way to breakfast between 9.30 and 10 to be told it had closed, we were not alerted the night before of the exact time it would close and there was nothing in the reading literature that prompted us either.

I must say they did accommodate us and provided us with breakfast, that was nice.

Overall though I would definitely return to Bath, but not to the hotel. For what was on offer I wouldn't call it value for money.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank omarlyn
Good Morning,

We are sorry to hear of the issues you have had during your stay with us. We are keen to discuss this matter further with you so please can you email matthew@tracypark.co.uk with your contact information, full name and date of your stay and we will be in touch.

Kindest Regards,

Head of Marketing
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wick
Bailbrook House Hotel
The Manor House Hotel and Golf Club
Aztec Hotel & Spa Bristol
Aztec Hotel & Spa Bristol
#1 of 5 in Almondsbury

Been to Tracy Park Golf & Country Hotel? Share your experiences!