“Lovely Night Away”

Tracy Park Golf & Country Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Wick
“Lovely Night Away”
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend surprised me with a night away at Tracy Golf Club. We stayed in a room directly opposite Reception. The room was gorgeous, like a little house with stairs leading up to the bed. The bathroom is lovely, double sink, gorgeous big bath and very big. The bed was spacious and very comfy. The only downside to the room was some of the furniture looked a little worn and the bathroom had a few marks around the shower. Other than those small things the room was perfect.

The hotel is on lovely grounds, the golf course looked lovely, not a golfer myself but I was advised that it was excellent by another guest.

My partner and I had a lovely stroll around the grounds in the morning and it is so beautiful and tranquil.

My only disappointment was that we only stayed for 1 night!

Would love to visit again, hope I get another surprise trip there soon.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
Cheshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Very high standard of rooms, staff wonderfully attentive without being over the top and a gorgeous building with fabulous views - what me could you ask for? Tried the three course dinner and the breakfast and both were absolutely delicious - can't beat still warm, homemade pastries first thing in the morning in my opinion! Would return tomorrow.

• Stayed March 2014
Britain
Reviewed 14 March 2014

My partner and I stayed here for our anniversary. The hotel was amazing and staff really friendly. The only thing we were a little disappointed with was the food, we booked a 3 course meal when we booked our hotel room on there website and I would recommend people not do that. It's not that great and over priced , however the breakfast is amazing. :)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Truro, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 March 2014

A fabulous hotel, the rooms are amazingly comfortable, the staff too were very helpful and friendly. The only possible down side being the inadequately lit mirrors to assist with the application of war paint.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Stayed for 2nights with a Groupon voucher and could not have asked for a better stay! the luxury room was beautiful with a lovely view of the golf course! All the staff were very friendly, polite and accommodating! The food was brilliant- would love to return again in the future! Thankyou for a lovely stay!

Room Tip: Luxury rooms in the 'Carriages' block were beautiful!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

I booked a night stay with a two course meal online for Valentines night, I was told on my confirmation that we would eat in Masons restaurant and we would receive a two course meal. We arrived to a beautiful country house and our bedroom was faultless, however when going in the bar for a drink before the meal we were told we were eating in the fleet restaurant which was a different room and nothing like the masons restaurant a thought we were going to be in. I didn't make a scene as it was still a pretty room but it wasn't what was on my booking. The starter arrived which was fine, but we ordered steak for main and all that came was a steak, we called the manager over and she said all extras are £5 each per person!!! This wasn't on my confirmation and I was devastated, not once was it mentioned in ordering our food or on the menu. I then asked to speak to the manager in the bar after not even touching my food, to ask why this had happened, she said sorry and said come and see me I the morning and we will sort something out. The next morning I went to check out and received my bill, which included £50 extra for something we didn't have!! I sat down with the manager and she told me to not worry about I the bar bill, I'd receive a full refund on the Monday and a free nights stay!! The nightmare begun!! On the Monday I received no money so rang and asked for the manager who was so rude to us on the phone telling me we left without paying our bar bill, so I told her she had said don't worry. Then 4 days later after calling and it going to voicemail I decided to withhold my number and finally someone answered, funny that isn't it, I was told she would look into it and again nothing for another week. We had to threaten small claims court to get half our money back, again no email or letter to say this had been done. They had taken our bar bill off which I was upset about and I'm still waiting to hear about The free nights stay, all in all the customer service was horrific. I am amazed the manager is still employed. Her name was Lesley.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Candyinbristol
Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 March 2014

This was a romantic trip brought for myself by my partner for my birthday. I have to stay for starts that the hotel is just fabulous. The views and the rooms are so elegant and really did stop our stay from being faulty towers.

The rooms are absolutely beautiful but are starting to look a little tired. We paid for what we thought was a supreme double however on entry to the room found that this supposed 'double' was in fact two singles pushed together with nothing linking them together. We asked to be switched rooms in which the receptionist tried to fight her corner however we were not having it. Our new room was lovely but again very tried. Dirty in the corners of the room plus in both rooms there were several light bulbs not working.

The views are just amazing at the hotel and really does do so much for the hotel and some of the staff are absolutely fabulous. The American barman in which I unfortunately do not remember his name was just impeccable. Really did do a fabulous job and deserves so much credit. However the same cannot be said for the restaurant staff. WOW, the young lady and gentleman who severed us unfortunately could not organise a piss up in a brewery. Firstly we sat at a table with only two other tables of two and three people. For two members of staff you think this would be a doddle. O no. The young lady came to take our order and we were friendly and energetic and asked how she was etc in which we got the same back. So she asked if we would like any wine or water in which we ordered a bottle of sparkling and white. 15 minutes later it was with us (minus the water) and we were then presented with menus. 5 minutes later she came back and took the order of a chicken breast two chips and steak in which I asked which sauces were available but never heard back until my food came. Food was magic however due to her lack of ability to remember two single orders my partner received fish. We all had a moment of looking at each other until it clicked. She soon realised and the male waiter tried apologising and took her food away to be replaced. However after 10 minutes of me waiting for them to take my food away I decided to go speak to the waiters and tell them that I wont be eating this until my partners is ready and that if chef could make it again as it was cold now. I also asked if we were ever going to get the water and that she had clearly forgotten the chips as well. When the food arrived back out (with no sauce) it was lovely so top marks to chef! However my steak was the same steak that I had passed the waitress. I know this as I had cut under my steak. I think a two your old could have noticed that when I said to make it again I meant make it again. But the food was lovely so I cannot complain about that as the chef was clearly on the ball. When coming to clear our plates the waitress asked if we would like deserts in which we said we would love to. Took our two plates away leaving side plates and came back ten minutes later asking what we would like to which I replied 'a menu'. It was just laughable at this point. After receiving our desert the waiter came over and offered us a coffee or tea in which I struggled to understand him due to his poor English. I asked for a double espresso in which he didn't know what this was. 10 minutes later he came back with my coffee minus sugar and said it was on the house due to the problems. Still had chip bowls on the table as well. At this point I had had enough and decided to speak to the general manager who was just devastated and so empathic regarding the situation and told us that our food and beverages were on her and took us to the bar for a drink. She informed me that she had recently joined and was trying to overhaul and sort the place out but was facing a mammoth task in which I could clearly see. I have to say that if the hotel goes the way in which she plans and if she stays that it will be a beautiful and lovely place however we wont be going back soon.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Wheeler23291
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wick
Bailbrook House Hotel
Macdonald Bath Spa Hotel
De Vere Tortworth Court
De Vere Tortworth Court
#1 of 1 in Tortworth

Been to Tracy Park Golf & Country Hotel? Share your experiences!