Tracy Park Golf & Country Hotel
US$116
US$91
US$199
  • Restaurant
Bailbrook House Hotel(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$136
TripAdvisor
All reviewspark and rideluxury roommain buildingmasons restauranttwo courseslovely settinglovely hotelfour posterbar menubeautiful roomfirst morninghuge bathroomwalk in showerminute drivegrounds are beautifulself servicewedding party
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I treated my partner and myself to one night at tracy park to celebrate our birthday's. Staff were very friendly food was great and room well worth the money. Only disappointment was it rained the next day so we couldn't play golf but we are going back to do that later in the year.we would definitely recommend tracy park.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I took a group of 22 to Tracy Park for a golf weekend and have to say that the entire group enjoyed the weekend from start to finish. The golf courses were great, even better on the Sunday when the greens had been cut. The rooms were excellent, the food was good quality, the service was better than good, particular thanks to those running the spikes bar who stayed open late just for us in the evenings! All in all we will certainly be returning next year, many thanks to all the staff at Tracy Park. Adam

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I stayed here for 1 night in April as a Groupon offer with my mother.
We had a luxury twin room in the Carriages. The room was beautiful with good views over the golf course. The hotel grounds are stunning as is the setting for dinner in the main house. The starter and main course were both delicious but the dessert disappointing. Breakfast was good too. All staff were exceptionally friendly. The location was excellent being very close to the park-and-ride. Definitely want to return!

Room Tip: Luxury room in the Carriages. We had room 31 - great view over golf course.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 April 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed at Tracy Park in late March as part of a weekend away to Bath for her Birthday. Our room in the outbuilding was lovely, fantastic large bed and bathroom. The staff were pleasant and we both enjoyed our meals at the Masons restaurant. All was well until checkout when i was told the bill was considerably more than expected, when i queried this i was told that as i booked through lastminute.com no money is taken until checkout, when booking it is only a provisional reservation. I was firmly in belief that the money had already been debited when booking in early February. Reluctantly I accepted this and paid the bill in full. Upon leaving the hotel and finally getting some signal on my phone! I checked my accounts online to confirm my suspicions that i had already paid for the reservation. we immediately returned to reception where i was told that the 'accountant' was not in today so i will have the money refunded first thing tomorrow morning and i would receive confirmation of this as they were unable to do so immediately. Fine I thought! Monday came and went with no contact, until i rang in and was fobbed off. To cut a long story short i was consistently lied to over the course of five days about what was happening with my money and the whereabouts of the so called manager! I sent an email directly to the manager which he/she did not even have the courtesy to reply to! I finally received my money back 5 days after checkout which I think is very poor and it took numerous phone calls from myself to get anywhere. Unfortunately this soured our whole experience of the weekend through their poor communication and management. Safe to say i will not be returning to Tracy Park when we return to the lovely city of Bath.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ryan T
TP_Management, General Manager at Tracy Park Golf & Country Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear Ryan,

You are correct that unfortunately you were charged twice and we apologise for that error.
When you checked into the hotel you didn’t have any paperwork with you and although the receptionist had your details, the system didn’t show any information regarding pre-payment through Lastminute.com.
On departure you were informed that normally payment is taken on departure and you accepted this at that time and agreed to pay as you were not 100% sure if you had paid or not.

As soon as we found out you had paid in advance your card payment was refunded. If there was any delay in the funds being placed back into your account it is purely the British banking system we all have to use and not a delay from the hotel responding to the error.
Once again we are very sorry that this happened and if you would like to discuss this matter further please contact the hotel.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Booked room on hotel website - which was a lot cheaper than phoning hotel. Two nice golf courses, close to Bath Park and Ride site. Room was nice, although a window that opened would have been welcome. The hotel had just changed management which may explain the menu debacle - we booked room plus two course a la carte meal each evening, we looked at the menu in the room and it looked good, but when we got to the restaurant we were presented with the Groupon menu which was very limited - we queried it and were given another menu which still no resemblance to the one in the room (which we were told had been changed). Meals were poor and we had to resort to ordering chips in the bar as we were still hungry. We complained to the staff and following evening things improved greatly as our complaint had been taken seriously.

Room Tip: Avoid room 25
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your comments.
We are very sorry that you were not happy with the menu on offer.

As you can appreciate we cater for various parties and groups of all sizes. We have a bar menu, Fleet room and Masons restaurant menu as well as special menus for golf breaks and A la Carte menu.
We are very sorry that you were shown the wrong menu when you sat in the restaurant.

The menu in each of the rooms clearly states “sample menu” to show the style and typical price of the cuisine on offer and cannot show all the menus.