“Good for a quiet meal”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 June 2013

The staff are welcoming and the local beer was excellent on the day of our visit. The food that we consumed was also of reasonable quality and the tables were pleasantly located in an unspoilt pub atmosphere.

Reviewed 3 June 2013

what a find, excellant food and service. children catered for too. a small play area in pub grounds let our kids let off steam in between courses. staff very helpful and friendly, would recommend this pub again and again

Reviewed 3 June 2013

Food was excellent and great value for money - brilliant staff! Will definately be going back again, as enjoyed it very much.

Reviewed 9 May 2013

This was my first experience of being in England and first meal in England and I was very satisfied! The atmosphere was wonderful as was the service and food. All around great place!

Reviewed 6 May 2013

We ate here while staying at the HI next door, hoping that it would be better than the hotel restaurant.
I started with the "spicy chicken wings" which turned out to be reheated grilled wings with some sweet chili sauce over them. They were cold, so I sent them back. To be fair, the waitress took them off the bill before I asked. The stone grill steak is very good. However, the large dining room was quite smoky even with only two grills on different tables. It must be horrendous if there are 50 or more. Beer was good, and the waitress was superb both for service and her handling of my complaint.