“Clean Hotel”

Holiday Inn Ashford North A20
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Hothfield
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Stayed here on a Sunday night with work before an early start the next morning, never got chance to have breakfast as I had to be out of the hotel at 5.30am. The rooms were clean and so was the bathroom, if anything the room was very warm even with the heating on min and air con on, had to sleep with the window open wide (but it was quiet). Had the room service the food was hot and average for room service.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank yorkscouple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Ashford North A20, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear yorkscouple,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am pleased to note that you liked our clean rooms. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and superior accommodations. I am sorry that your room was to warm for your comfort. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I regularly stay at this holiday inn, The rooms are comfortable clean and generally quiet. The check in staff are always friendly there are 2 resturants on site which have a good variety of food on offer and there is a beefeater along the road a short walk. My only criticism would be that at the breakfast sitting the tea and coffee are self service in flasks constantly being refreshed, these can be heavy and awkward for some. I would definatly recommend staying at this hotel if your visiting the area.
Note SAT NAV users, use the post code for the beefeater not the holiday in post code TomTom's especially take you back up ths A20. (TN26 1AP)

1  Thank Catman2014
Howard S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ashford North A20, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Firstly thank you for being a regular at the hotel and still continuing to stay. I am pleased to hear that you find the rooms comfortable, clean and quiet and the reception staff always friendly. It is good that you find both of our on-site restaurants have a good variety of food. I have taken on board your comments regarding the service of tea and coffee during the breakfast service and my operations team are looking as to how they can improve this. Thank you for advising future travellers of an alternative post code and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

It's apparent that the majority of reviews for this hotel seem to be from return visitors or die-hard aficionados. Either way I find myself struggling to write many positives about the HI Ashford North.

The staff on arrival were neutral (see, I told you it's hard to write positively!). I enquired about free Wifi as all IHG club members now benefit from free wifi in all HI hotels. Apparently this particular HI hasn't signed up to that, and only offer free wifi in the reception area and not in the rooms - not good.

The room itself was spacious and had an ironing board and iron included which a lot of other HI's dont (nice touch), however the AC unit was noisy and inefficient and the temperature in the room was consequently roasting hot all night (even with the windows open).

TV in the room was pitifully small and blurry - I have a real bugbear with hotels that dont invest in decent televisions. Seriously, consumers can buy 40" LCD's for sub-£200 these days, GET IT SORTED, PLEASE!!!

Breakfast in the morning was ok, standard buffet fayre of hot and cold offerings.

Location is an odd one; you can see (and hear) the M20 form the hotel, however it's at least a 10 minute journey to get to it from the M20 and tricky without SAT-NAV. Some might say this is acceptable, however I found it a little out of the way

The pub across the car-park is quite possibly the strangest place I've eaten. Think of a Beefeater-style interior stripped out, some old wooden kitchen chairs plonked in; then the food served on what they term "sizzling volcanic rocks". I've done volcanic rock eating before, never in such an odd environment though! That said, the food was average - meat a little fatty for me but tasty enough. I'm not sure it's fair to judge the HI based on this (apparently) seperate restaurant as there is a restaurant inside the hotel I could have chosen to eat at. Therefore the score has not been affected by this pub, I just wanted to express my amusement!

Room Tip: All rooms will be quiet, but try and choose one that has efficient AC!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank MonkeyPebs
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Ashford North A20, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Dear MonkeyPebs,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club member and for leaving us a feedback. I am pleased to note that you liked our spacious rooms and breakfast option. Our hotel is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. I am sorry to hear that there were certain aspects of your visit that did not meet your standards in particular the television, noisy air conditioning unit anfd the lack of complimentary WIFI connection. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

Your patronage and support to the hotel is very important to us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We have stayed here many times as we have family in Ashford, and it is consistent service and value. Rooms are spacious and have good facilities - though a shower cap would be handy and I always forget to bring my own! In-house restaurant is better than you would expect, and you are reminded that last orders are at 9.30. Room service is available from a short menu and is also a good standard and value. Good standard of housekeeping. Friendly staff who are ready to help out wherever they can. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Quiet rooms are at the rear of the hotel as it fronts onto the A20, which is a popular lorry route a...
1  Thank Marina B

I am delighted to read that you have stayed here many times before and continue to do so finding consistent service and value. It is good to read that you find the rooms spacious with good facilities. I would like to advise you that we now have shower caps available from reception as part of the "Forgot Something" range of items available from reception. I am pleased to hear that you find our Restaurant better than expected. I have passed on your comments regarding good standards of housekeeping friendly staff ready to help out. Thank you for your comments "Highly Recommended" and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel sometime in the near future.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Have started to stay here whenever I use the Channel Tunnel, this time both before and after a trip. Only 20 minutes from the Folkestone terminal, so very convenient.
Staff in all areas were very helpful and friendly. Have generally found the food in the on-site pub to be better than in the restaurant. Breakfast is fine - but be aware that it doesn't start until 07.30 on weekends, so don't waste money on a bed and breakfast rate if you're aiming for an early shuttle.
Rooms are clean and comfortable, but wi-fi wasn't working at all on the first night, and was pretty slow on the return. You can log into the pub wi-fi instead in the public areas, which seems to be more reliable.
Price has always been very reasonable, but does seem to be creeping up slowly with every stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Many thanks for taking the time to write your review. I am pleased to see that you have stayed with us before and continue to do so. It is also good to hear that you find the staff very friendly in all departments. Since your review we have launched a new menu in both our lounge and our Hop Pickers pub and hopefully you will find a good wide and varying choice in either venue. I have passed on your comments to my Housekeeper that you always find our rooms clean and comfortable. I am sorry that on your first evening the WiFi was not working but would like to advise you that since your stay we have installed a 30mb leased line which should ensure a great connection on any future stay. I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

We travelled to Ashford on our way to Belgium with Leger travel . We were greeted warmly by the receptionist , who gave us all the information we needed. The room was very clean and had all you could need for a pleasant stay. We ate in the restaurant on the set price menu ,which was very good value . Staff were attentive and the food arrived hot and fresh. Left in the morning after breakfast refreshed and ready for our holiday.
TIP : check with the hotel the post code as TomTom satnavs do not recognise the one on the web site and sends you back up the M20 under a tree .!

Room Tip: First floor rooms are quiet
1  Thank He C
Howard S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ashford North A20, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to write your review. I am pleased to read that you received a warm greeting from my receptionist and that your room was very clean with all that you required. It was also good to read that you found our restaurant to be very good value with the food hot and fresh. I am sorry that you had a problem with your Tom Tom and should we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future please use the Post Code TN26 1AP

Reviewed 6 April 2014

A very enthusiastic welcome and a very clean,spacious room gave us great hope for our stay. However, this turned out to be a mixed event! We didn't eat at the hotel but when we returned we did call into the pub that services the hotel. We were very disappointed to find that not only was the atmosphere akin to a bus station canteen, but the furnishings were set out as an extension dining room for the hotel - just one sofa and easy chair. The saving grace was the quality of the beer which was on draft so there was some good. We were also able to take our drinks across the car park into the main hotel too.
At our welcome, we had been assured that the wifi in the public areas would be fast and efficient. This was not the case and the receptionist in the evening was very unhelpful and somewhat dismissive of our difficulties. We were not alone in this problem as other guests were equally as frustrated.
Our stay was only overnight and as the location is so good we'd like to come back- but try a bit harder to sort the technology and the front of house please.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Howard S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ashford North A20, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Thank you for your recent review. I am pleased to read that you had an enthusiastic welcome with a very clean, spacious room. I am sorry that you weren't happy with the atmosphere in the pub although you did seem to be happier with the quality of the beer on draft and the fact that you were able to take this across to the main hotel. I have spoken to my Reception team who tell me that they advise people of free internet access in the lounge but not of fast service as they are aware that we are currently working on improving the speed of our current system. We soon hope to raise the speed 10x as we are currently looking to install a exclusive internet line to the hotel. I am happy to read that you'd like to come back and hopefully i'll be able to welcome you in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hothfield
Holiday Inn Ashford - Central
Premier Inn Ashford Central Hotel
Ashford International Hotel
3 mi away
Premier Inn Ashford (Eureka Leisure Park) Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Ashford North A20? Share your experiences!