“Very Slow WiFi and Non-Functioning AC”

Holiday Inn Ashford North A20
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Hothfield
Reviewed 28 May 2014

If you want good wifi access and want to be sure your room's AC will work DON'T stay here. I was told the wifi was virtually unusable because "the hotel is full."

My AC did not work. With windows open I had road noise. With windows closed the room was too hot.

The front desk staff was unable to resolve either problem.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank lovethaifood
Howard S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ashford North A20, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to write your review. I am sorry that you found the AC system difficult use and wondered if you asked for anyone to check the settings for you as I have been told by my Maintenance Team and my Air Con Maintenance Company that we only have one room in the hotel at the moment that has a problem. I must apologise about the speed on the WiFi which has been an on-going issue in this part of the world. I am delighted to be able to inform you that we are currently installing a 30mb leased line into the hotel which I am told should cure WiFi speed throughout the building. This should be installed and running towards the end of June and will make a huge difference to the speed of any connection here at the hotel.
Howard Shields, General Manager

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We recently had a business evening meal at this hotel and then the following day hired the York Suite (meeting room) the following morning. The food was good, although the service was a little tardy. The meeting room was spacious, and the WiFi good. I had to chase up the first lot of morning drinks, but when they eventually arrived there was a good provision of tea and coffee. I would certainly use this venue again for a business meeting.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Howard S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ashford North A20, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thank you for using the hotel for your recent business evening meal and meeting the following day. I am pleased to read that the food was good but apologise for the tardy service. Next day I was pleased to hear that you found the meeting room spacious with good WiFi connection. Sorry that you had to chase up your refreshments but I'm delighted to read that you would certainly use us again.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

We stayed here overnight before a crossing to France. Very well located fot Dover & Folkestone with easy access to motorway. Our room was spacious & clean with 2 double beds.

As it was a warm evening, we tried to get the air conditioing to work without success.

The poor Wifi has been mentioned before and this is an item that this Hotel must address in these times. The cost of wired internet use in the rooms is very high.

One niggle was that a morning newspaper ordered when checking in was not ordered by the staff. When I asked about it on checking out, the staff member just shrugged her shoulders!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello Alan, I am pleased to read that you found the hotel well located for both Dover and Folkestone with easy access to the motorway. I am sorry that you were unable to get your air-conditioning system to work but pleased to hear that you had a spacious room with two double beds. I have spoken to reception to find out why your newspaper was not available in the morning and to try and ensure that something like this doesn't happen again. Just to advise you that since your stay we have replaced the existing WiFI system with a brand new 30mb leased line which is giving a much stronger reliable internet connection. Hopefully you will see the massive improvement during your next stay.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

In this day and age one expects to get free wifi from a major hotel chain and to be available in all areas.Sadly this is not the case at this hotel.Free wifi only available in the hotel lobby and a very slow connection.
Everything else there is fine,although the service at the last holiday inn I stayed at was better

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Ashford North A20, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear simon r,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. We understand that having a comfortable stay is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. We are sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the internet connection. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Lovely and friendly hotel. Double room was impeccably furnished and very comfortable. A couple of negative points was the fact that the room lighting was dull. No central light just lamps. Also there was a continuous rumbling. Not sure whether it was coming from inside or outside of the building. Went down for evening meal and enjoyed a special deal, competitively priced. An enjoyable stay and well recommended.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank nosila010

I'm pleased that you found this a lovely friendly hotel, impeccably furnished and very comfortable. I am sorry that you found the level of lighting low in your room and hope that this didn't spoil your stay. It was good to hear that your evening meal was competitively priced and that you had an enjoyable stay and would recommend this hotel.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Stayed here on a Sunday night with work before an early start the next morning, never got chance to have breakfast as I had to be out of the hotel at 5.30am. The rooms were clean and so was the bathroom, if anything the room was very warm even with the heating on min and air con on, had to sleep with the window open wide (but it was quiet). Had the room service the food was hot and average for room service.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank yorkscouple

Dear yorkscouple,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am pleased to note that you liked our clean rooms. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and superior accommodations. I am sorry that your room was to warm for your comfort. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I regularly stay at this holiday inn, The rooms are comfortable clean and generally quiet. The check in staff are always friendly there are 2 resturants on site which have a good variety of food on offer and there is a beefeater along the road a short walk. My only criticism would be that at the breakfast sitting the tea and coffee are self service in flasks constantly being refreshed, these can be heavy and awkward for some. I would definatly recommend staying at this hotel if your visiting the area.
Note SAT NAV users, use the post code for the beefeater not the holiday in post code TomTom's especially take you back up ths A20. (TN26 1AP)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Catman2014

Firstly thank you for being a regular at the hotel and still continuing to stay. I am pleased to hear that you find the rooms comfortable, clean and quiet and the reception staff always friendly. It is good that you find both of our on-site restaurants have a good variety of food. I have taken on board your comments regarding the service of tea and coffee during the breakfast service and my operations team are looking as to how they can improve this. Thank you for advising future travellers of an alternative post code and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hothfield
Holiday Inn Ashford - Central
#6 of 8 in Ashford
Eastwell Manor
Eastwell Manor
#1 of 1 in Boughton Lees

Been to Holiday Inn Ashford North A20? Share your experiences!