Holiday Inn Ashford North A20
  • Restaurant
Eastwell Manor(Boughton Lees)
US$143
US$134
The Conningbrook Hotel(Kennington)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$124
Premier Inn Ashford Central Hotel(Ashford)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$80
US$119
All reviewshop pickersthe pubchannel tunnelfamily roomashford northtwo single bedssky tvovernight stopgood sizelarge roomshort staycar parkplenty of parkinglong journeystayed here for one nightan early startwould stay again
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

We stay in holiday inns frequently and thought this was a usual pleasant hotel until we were woken up at 6:30 in the morning by a loud repetitive thumping noise.

After realising it was coming from upstairs we went to investigate and found that the gym was right on top of our room, so if someone decides to run on a treadmill at 6:30am you will be in for a rude awakening if you aren't a heavy sleeper!

If you decide to stay here, there is a possibility of being in one of the rooms below and the gym is open from 6:30-10:00. Looking at other reviews here this is mentioned in quite a few places - we now wish we had looked beforehand.

A terrible design for a hotel and we expected better out of this holiday inn.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mark R
Howard S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ashford North A20, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Mark, I am so sorry that you were woken in the morning by someone on the treadmill in the gym above you. I'm afraid that this happens on a few occasions and even although we have purchased some ant-vibration mats to help with this issue we do still receive some negative comments. I do hope that you found other aspects of the hotel to be good and that you will consider us again in the future. Should you wish to do so Mark please call me direct to make the booking for you and I will ensure that this is not a problem to you again.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Usually stay here when using the tunnel, and prefer it to the H.I. Ashford Central largely because the staff are always so pleasant. There usually seem to be coach parties staying, but they don't seem to overwhelm the place, and they cope at breakfast even when it's busy.
I generally eat in the on-site pub owned by the hotel, but it was closed on this occasion, so I gave the restaurant another go, having been disappointed previously. Food was much better than before, with very efficient and friendly service, and the bill was very reasonable.
I'm sure I'll be back here again, as it ticks all the boxes before or after a Channel crossing.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Dear reviewer, I'm delighted to read that you usually stay here and find our staff so pleasant. Certainly during the season we have a number of coach tours staying and I'm glad that due to our hotel strategy the hotel doesn't seem to be overwhelmed by them. It was also good to read that you tried our restaurant again and found it better with efficient friendly staff and at reasonable prices. I was pleased to read that you will be back yet again.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We (my wife, and two young kids and myself) stayed here twice, one on the way out to the channel tunnel and one night on the way back. The first night was good all ok, two double beds. We brought two breakfast vouchers for £10 each should be £13.95, and kids ate free. It wasn't great but at a fiver a head it was just about worth it. On our second stop we had a family room, one double and two singles, this room was much bigger and better, but unfortunately the air con wasn't working and the bath taps wouldn't work so we had to fill the bath with the shower. We did complain and did get complimentary breakfasts, we was going to get breakfast elsewhere as it was poor before, but as they were free! And actually the breakfast was better this time. Overall nothing great about the hotel but nothing too bad either, if you have the windows open you get the constant motorway noise but we were so tired it didn't really matter. If i could get a good deal I would probably stay again.

Room Tip: Family rooms are a good size. Second floor you did not hear a wedding reception that was on all night
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank it-will-wait
Howard S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ashford North A20, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write following your recent stay at the hotel. I am sorry to hear that both the aircon and the taps in your room weren't working properly and that we gave you your breakfast free of charge to compensate. I was however a little surprised when you stated that you felt breakfast was worth about £5.00 per head when we have such great feedback on the breakfast that we serve and that not only do you not have anything bad to say and that you would in fact probably stay again.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

My wife and i have just spent four nights staying at this hotel the room was spotless credit to the house keeping staff front of house staff most helpful ,
we ate in the restaurant two nights no complaints the food and the service were second to none ,again at breakfast a very good choice staff most helpful .we will be staying again when in the area.

Room Tip: room 131 is a quite room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Howard S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Ashford North A20, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

I'm delighted that you found your room to be spotless during your 4 night stay. I have passed on your comments to my housekeeping team. I am pleased that you found my front office and restaurant staff to be most helpful and our food in the restaurant second to none. It is good to read that you stay again with us when back in the area.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

My wife and I spent one night at the above hotel. The room was excellent and the bed very comfortable.The en-suite bathroom was of the very best standard.

The restaurant was excellent and the evening meal was delicious.

Breakfast in the morning was very good with a well stocked buffet.

The hotel staff were very courteous and helpful even though there were many people there that evening.

We very much enjoyed our stay and we would like to return.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest. Thank you so much for your kind 5* review. I am delighted that you had an excellent and delicious evening meal in the restaurant and that breakfast was also very good with a well stocked buffet. It was good to read that the staff were courteous and helpful even when there were many other people around. It was good that you enjoyed your stay and that you would like to return.