All reviews the pub mini gym channel tunnel ashford north family room two double beds sky tv from france good size overnight stop large room car park an early start plenty of parking long journey stayed here for one night tea and coffee
Reviewed 9 August 2018

Staff were great, helpful and friendly, room was clean and comfortable. We booked in for one night as a stop over, went to the pub across the way for supper and had breakfast the following morning in the hotel. Food was very good in both places. I would deffinately stay here again

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Walford L
Reviewed 6 August 2018

This Holiday Inn appears to be in the process of being refurbished (not before time) and we were lucky enough to be given a renovated room with working aircon. The room was more than adequate for an overnight on route to the channel ports or tunnel with good bathroom facilities.

What is not good is the Pub in the grounds of the hotel where we had our evening meal. The staff were delightful but the food was expensive and to be frank dreadful.

The menu of the main restaurant was expensive and uninspiring hence the reason we chose to eat at the Pub.

Room tip: Get a room away from the A20
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

I’m realistic about what to expect from the Holiday Inn and generally have been pretty satisfied by stays in the chain’s hotels to date, both personal and business visits.

This however was not the same. The hotel is tired and well in need of a serious makeover, carpets are extremely worn (see photo from our room), decor tired and a number of faulty features (shower, telephone and light fittings hanging from the ceiling that should have been secured.)

Our main issues were:

1) I’d called 24 hours before to see if we could check in at 1pm rather than 2pm as we had a 1:45pm wedding about 20mins drive away and wanted somewhere to change beforehand. This was kindly agreed to in advance, but when we arrived at 1pm, tight for time, there was no note of our agreed early check-in, the room wasn’t ready and the very friendly receptionist left waiting on the phone for housekeeping to get back to us for what seemed like an age. The lady on the desk, realising time was ticking, managed to sort us a room, we rushed upstairs, got changed and made it to the church just as the bride was about to enter. So a lucky escape and we got a sneak preview of the dress (!) but all could have been avoided and not particularly helpful.

2) There was no hot water for a shower on two occasions: the evening after the wedding and the morning before breakfast. I tried to call Reception, but it turned out that the phone didn’t work. The hot water is obviously a problem here, as I’ve read this in previous reviews, but the staff weren’t able to give us an idea of when it would be ready and explained the boiler had been struggling with the hot weather. Again, I’m not expecting 5* service, but things like hot water and a working phone in the room would be on my list of things I’d hope for in any hotel stay.

3) The breakfast was really on the lower end of what I’d expect. There was a lack of staff and the food had clearly been sat on the hot plate for far too long. I had a few items from the hot buffet and asked for a couple of poached eggs to go with it. After 15 minutes of waiting, I decided to eat the rest of my breakfast as the eggs hadn’t materialised. They did eventually turn up, but well after I’d finished my breakfast.

In summary, the staff were friendly, the parking was great and the location handy for our wedding. Unfortunately the hotel experience was well below the standard of what I’d expect and I was left wondering why I hadn’t saved some money and booked to stay in the Premier Inn over the road. I’ve emailed the IHG group to share my feedback and look forward to hearing from them.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2018

Check I was fine. Room very dated but cleanish, comfy bed. Dinner very limited and was running behind with orders within 15 mins of opening. Glad I got in there at 6.30. Breakfast was ok. Really just a business stop over place.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

This place is very tired.

Food in restaurant was OK in the evening and check in staff and restaurant staff were friendly.

Room was noisy, hot and in need of an update. We needed to leave at 5.30 and there was no hot water to shower - mentioned on departure but didn’t seem surprised/interested.

Trip type: Travelled with family