The hotel is easy to find, being right on the A 20 a couple of miles north of Ashford. It is in a modern block at the rear of a traditional roadside pub.
On arrival only one member of staff was on duty but we were checked in within 2 minutes. The room was the usual PI format but the convertible sofa was made up as a bed. On checking with reception, we were told this was because we had requested a twin format. I prefer the comfort of the sofa as somewhere to sit so we asked if this could be changed. In some hotels I've stayed at, paying three times the price, this would have taken all evening to fix. The only staff member, Holly I think, put things right with a smile in five minutes flat.
Unusually, our sleep wasn't the best as the bed creaked badly. We mentioned this as we were leaving and were told that the hotel was due new beds. Our room charge was instantly refunded too, which wasn't what we'd been angling for but was very welcome.
The Beefeater pub was fine for a good standard pub meal with a reasonable choice on offer and friendly, prompt service even though the place was packed.
Happy to recommend this hotel to anyone for a no nonsense overnight stop.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax at the heart of the 'Garden of England' with a stay the Premier Inn Hotel Ashford North. You'll be near to the country yet within striking distance of the best of the area's business, leisure and heritage attractions. Not to mention right on hand for the Eurotunnel. Experience the splendour of Leeds Castle. Zip into Brussels or Paris aboard the Eurostar. And, if it's the right time of year, sample the traditional delights of the Kent County Show. Then when you're ready for some downtime, fill up at our Beefeater restaurant and curl up in our comfy beds. Please note that all twin rooms at this hotel consist of a double bed and a single sofa bed. Please note that this Premier Inn does not have a lift. Guests requiring an easily accessible room please contact the hotel direct. Directions: On A20 between Ashford and Charing. 2.5 Miles from (J9) or 13 miles from (J8) of M20. Follow signs for A20 Lenham from J9. Next to the Woolpack Beefeater. Please use Hothfield or Charing for Sat Nav locations. Sat Nav Directions: When programming your Sat Nav device, use the following postcode: TN26 1AR Transport and local information: Channel tunnel 15 miles, Dover, Folkestone Ferry 25 miles Ashford Int'l & Eurostar Train Station 4 miles ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Premier Inn and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Premier Inn Ashford North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Ashford North Hotel Ashford
- Premier Inn Ashford North Kent/Hothfield