“Really nice pub restuarant”
Review of The Boot Inn

The Boot Inn
Ranked #2 of 25 Restaurants in Studley
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Sensitively restored and brimming with countryside charm, The Boot Inn offers British pub hospitality. Mixing classic recipes and modern dishes, the menu is dictated by the seasons, with daily-changing specials also on offer. The bar is amply stocked with fine wines and smooth cask ales, and chunky wood furnishings and quirky décor make for a homely, relaxed ambience in the dining room. A menu just for kids offers fun yet nutritious choice for younger diners.
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We recently visited for a meal to celebrate my beloved mans birthday.

The staff are so pleasant and welcoming here - 100% customer service focused, nothing is too much trouble. The interior décor is very tasteful and homely, it is a relaxing place to visit. The menu is really good. We both had excellent meals - cooked to perfection, looked good and tasted delicious.

We have visited before and are already signed up for their Newsletter, so we received a voucher for a complimentary bottle of Champagne for the birthday boy - and very nice it was too. It is worth signing up for their newsletter, you don't get bombarded with junk, but they do have some very good offers and discounts at times.

The Boot Inn is not the cheapest - but you get what you pay for. It's always a really nice treat to visit and eat here.

1  Thank KevandMartine

Reviewed 30 June 2014

14 of us went there yesterday.

The interior is very welcoming.

The Roast Sunday Lunch was exceptional. Roast beef was sucullent, quality cut of meat. The gravy was very tasty, unlike the salty kind. Cauliflower cheese was al dente and covered with lovely cheese sauce, unlike the overpowering sticky stuff.

Drinks were served with the "proper" glass. I really appreciate these kind of details.

The staffs were friendly and efficient. No long wait and messy bills.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We pre booked and pre ordered our food for an 18 birthday party, for a group of 14. However they stilk only set a table up for 13. The starter that i had, deep fried brie was delicious but the accompaniments were not upto scratch and not as described in the menu. My boyfriend had the "posh" mushrooms on toast and described it as slimey! He eats anything! At least half of the groups mains were cold and the pastry on the feta tart was rock hard, I cudnt get my knife through it. To add insult to injury the service was awful, drinks were scarce, even though we had bought in our own champagne, and was told we could order drinks at the table. And the a large pot of Tartar sauce was dropped down my new dress leaving a large greasy stain! When I told the manager/ person in charge she already knew about it and didnt seem at all bothered! Overall it was not an enjoyable experience and I will not be going back any time in the near future. Also feel that the food is overpriced and definitely not gastro pub food at all, I have maybe better myself at home.

1  Thank RachaelES
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Superb menu choice, excellent presentation, very tasty and all round thumbs up.

i work near Redditch and this is the best place i've found to eat in the area ... find this place, its worth it.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

-My steak was over cooked.
-I informed the waiter.
-Waiter takes it away.
-Waiter returns to say, "the chef says it was medium, do you want it cooked more?"
-i said it was over cooked. The steak was medium/well, I ordered medium..

I wouldn't normally be bothered by a cooking degree here or there, but the steak was over £20! ...Let me put this into perspective for the insolent chef who wouldn't accept that it was over done...you have to work for three hours to buy that piece of 28day aged meat. I'm not accepting it!
-The steak that replaced it was, predictably, undercooked. It was rare. Don't let YOUR ego decide how to cook a steak. That should have been MY choice @£20! However, it was tasty and tender, (once I let it rest a little,) and the bernaise sauce was nice too.

There were 10 others eating at my table. They gave good feedback on the whole. However, it was all a bit lazy. The service was lazy, we had to ask twice if our table was ready, WE had to ask to place a drinks order. Specials and eliminations from the menu were announced when only half the table were sat. The chefs are lazy, No finger bowl was offered up with the "sticky sharer". The asparagus had not been trimmed and retained their "woody" ends. The butter for bread was unsalted and NOT real butter. The food was ALL under seasoned. The roast beef was tough and carved too thick. The beef was also served pink (which for me is not a problem) but we were not informed on ordering so two guests left the meat as a consequence. There was no check back by waiting staff, sertainly not regarding my steak anyway.
All this adds up to an indictment of what's happened to pub food in this country. Too many establishments have forgotten the meaning of "hospitality". I didn't feel looked after. I experienced little more hospitality than I get at the golden arches, yet I paid a lot more for the displeasure.

I would rather a Big Mac than eat here again, I feel robbed of an afternoon. Can't even get a steak cooked medium in two goes. And don't let your ego's tell you any different, I've cooked more steaks than you've served hot dinners!

...I hate it when a waiter begins a sentence with, "the chef said......".