“Always good food ”
Review of The Boot Inn

The Boot Inn
Ranked #2 of 26 Restaurants in Studley
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Sensitively restored and brimming with countryside charm, The Boot Inn offers British pub hospitality. Mixing classic recipes and modern dishes, the menu is dictated by the seasons, with daily-changing specials also on offer. The bar is amply stocked with fine wines and smooth cask ales, and chunky wood furnishings and quirky décor make for a homely, relaxed ambience in the dining room. A menu just for kids offers fun yet nutritious choice for younger diners.
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Been here many times and today as always was just as lovely. The food is lovely and the menu is always changing so it's refreshing to get the chance to order something new every time and they are always willing to change the side orders so I always get the meal that I want :) thank you as always

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Excellent/varied food and great service. A bit too dimly lit for us poor old bats trying to read the menu but that is only a tiny moan about an otherwise lovely lunch.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

We've driven past this place, oohh loads of times. Always thought "must go there sometime" Finally got around to it tonight and what a pleasant surprise. Firstly, the place was buzzing on a Monday night, and it's a lot bigger inside than it looks!

Great welcome and service at the bar, good selection of beers and lagers for me anyway! We decided to just go with the mains and then decide if a sweet was needed. I had the Lamb shoulder in a slightly spicy tomato based sauce, came with nice Dauphinoise spuds and lovely sweetstem broccoli, yummy all of it. My OH had Gnocchi with dukka which was super tasty too.

No need for the pudding as we were both well sated with the main alone. Lovely place, great staff, reasonable prices = will definately go again.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Arrived around five with family and pub quite busy. Plenty of parking and some outdoor seating adjacent to busy road.
Ordered three course meal for fifteen quid. interesting selection of starters, so ordered Duck and Chicken Parfait (pate with half inch thick crust of clarified butter) and Deep Fried Brie. Both starters tasty and quite delicious.
Steak and Ale Pie main very strong overpowering taste, accompanied with well cooked selection of veg etc. My gammon was unfortunately a 'lump off the end' .. not exactly generous, very chewy with more than it's fair share of gristle and sinew. As I had chewed my way through almost half of the meat, I was offered a free complimentary sweet! After explaining that I had already paid for a sweet in my meal deal, this was not really of interest. After speaking with the manager, he agreed to refund the cost of the Gammon meal without any quibble.
The following Cherry Brulee was excellent.
Although the service was somewhat long winded, the staff were extemely polite and helpful. It was a shame that my main meal was a disappointment, but this is a nice friendly pub, although possibly a touch on the expensive side. Things do occasionally go wrong in catering but overall the situation was managed to everyones satisfaction.
Would recommend visiting. Came away satisfied.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Having met a friend here for a drink recently thought we would give the food a try and we were not disappointed. We had warm rustic bread, dip and olives to start with, the pork with scallops and the braised lamb for our mains; followed by a mini dessert and coffee and a glass each of a very nice merlot. The food was absolutely delicious and plentiful, with the mini desserts just the right size to finish off with something sweet, a really good idea. Cost wise, we thought comparable with similar gastro pubs we have used. The staff were efficient and friendly, the pub itself very pleasant and despite being on a main road has a really nice terrace/patio area. The only downside was it was extremely warm in there (the outside temperature was around 24 at the time) and the air con didn't work, although I understand from a member of staff they are looking into getting it replaced, with so many air conditioned restaurants available these days, that's probably a good idea! Would definitely go back.