“What the hell do you expect for these prices??”
Review of The Jubilee Inn

The Jubilee Inn
Ranked #10 of 26 Restaurants in Studley
Price range: US$3 - US$11
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We have been here several times over the last 6-7 years. For £2-£8 we have had some great meals. The food is always good quality, with nice fresh salad. Yes you have to wait if it is sunny, or at peak times, but you should expect this when it is so good value for money.
On the downside the tables are not particularly clean, it feels that you stick to the tables if you lean on them as they do not seem to have time to clean them.
Also the cutlery does not seem particularly clean, so get some napkins and ensure that you clean them to your satisfaction.
Cheap and cheerful, good value for money, don`t moan, try it and make your own mind up.

Mat S, Public Relations Manager at The Jubilee Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2013

Thank you for your positive review of The Jubilee Inn, Studley.

I am pleased to read that you have had many enjoyable meals here and we look forward to welcoming you back for another very soon!

Reviewed 16 September 2013

Really getting to like this place.
Food always good and good cheap menu ranging from £2.00, £4.00, £6.00. £8.00. - take your pick. You could pay considerably more for some of the dishes - where else can you get a substantial chicken curry for two quid?
Represents really good value and you would have to be a real skinflint not to leave a tip.
Service is good depending on whether you miss the 6pm rush.
Place is clean with good vriety of tables plus outdoor seats if the weather permits.
Plenty of easy parking

2  Thank Claude G

Thank you for your positive and detailed review of The Jubilee Inn, Studley.

I am glad you enjoy your visits and I hope they continue to be so.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

We a party of 4 went 15th September for a roast dinner, 3 had roast 1 had mixed grill, we have been here before but not for sunday roast with no complaints, this time awful the lamb was lean but was cold, we sent it back to get microwaved but did not make any difference,think they had it on defrost setting, we complained with a sorry about that, the mixed grill was tepid, what has happened here since the NEWZEALAND manager left gone down the pan big time, think we will go back to the barley mow !!!

Thank you for your feedback regarding your visit to The Jubilee.

I would like to apologise on behalf of The Number Works Pub Company for not providing you with the high level of customer service you expect from us. As a company we take customer service very seriously and we are always looking to improve the service we offer our customers.

I am pleased to hear that you have been many times before with no complaints and it sounds like your complaint was not handled correctly at the time of your visit.

I would like to resolve this matter as soon as possible and look at ways of rebuilding your trust in us as it would be a great shame to lose a valued customer in yourself. I hope you will consider allowing us the opportunity to show you that your comments have not gone unnoticed by e-mailing us at enquiries@thenumberworkspubs.co.uk so that we can discuss the matter further.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

I booked a table over a week before, we were a large group and given seating on two long benches. 45 min wait when we ordered and slow service all evening. Our starters were acceptable, the main meal was terrible firstly the surf and turf, they had run out of scampi, but didn't tell us on ordering, only after I had chased up where our main meals were. The steaks were burnt.... The pepper sauce never came, the tropical salad was just a load of lettuce with a bit of chicken and bacon. And the fish and chips were too well done. The young staff were sent to give customers the news that food wasn't available (due to running). The other odd thing is you can only pay with cash, although a free cash machine is on site, I found this unusual . Definitely will not go again and will not be recommending.

Mat S, Public Relations Manager at The Jubilee Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Thank you for your feedback.

I am very disappointed to read about your less than satisfactory experience. I would like to sincerely apologise on behalf of The Number Works Pub Company for not providing you with the high level of customer service you expect from us.

As a company we take our customers feedback very seriously and so to further help me with my investigation, could you please e-mail me at enquiries@thenumberworkspubs.co.uk with the time and date of your visit.

I would like to resolve this matter as soon as possible and look at ways to rebuild your trust in our company.

With regards to the cash machine, in order to reduce our costs and keep providing the great value 2468 menu we have installed free cash machine withdrawals in all our pubs.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

DO NOT VISIT THE PUB CHAIN Numberworks (2,4,6,8 meals).
We visited one of their pubs, spent loads of money and were told, very rudely, to vacate our table.
We complained to the manager and were told she would send us some vouchers as compensation, once she had spoken to head office.
Upon emailing the head office to complain I receive an email one week later stating that they do not wish to reply to my email and that he was saddened that there were people like me who sought to send such emails!

If they do not accept complaints, then I am going to tell as many people as possible just what sort of a chain they are!

1  Thank cathstow
Mat S, Public Relations Manager at The Jubilee Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Unfortunately, we felt the way you spoke about the member of staff who dealt with your complaint was unprofessional and we do not wish to enter into anymore correspondence due to this.

We feel satisfied that you were offered an alternative table to sit at and I'm sure you can understand that it wouldn't be wise for us to reserve a table at 2.30pm for a 6pm reservation.

After finishing your meals, you were informed at 4.30pm that you are welcome to stay seated and enjoy your drinks until 5.55pm when we must ask for the table to be vacated so that we can prepare it for the party that have booked a 6pm reservation. The manageress offered you an alternative table and you refused. We feel we could not do anymore to satisfy your needs.