“Nice castle and grounds, value for money”

Studley Castle Hotel and Conference Centre
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Studley
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Nice castle accommdation and grounds, value for money, cooked b'fast very reasonable price, parking on site is free. The grounds are excellent for the children to play in, lovely decor of the dinning and lounge room and bar, would stay again, need a few nights at a place like this!! Very grand indeed. Close to birmingham and stratford on avon, which is the birthplace of Shakepeare. Need a car to get to the castle. Awesome breakfast, we had a great big room in the old tower section, it was great!!, staff awesome as well!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank starstar13
Mark S, General Manager at Studley Castle Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

We are so happy to know that the amazing team at Devere Studley Castle were able to create amazing memorable experiences for you our guest. Thank you for your review. I will be sure to discuss this wonderful feedback with team. We look forward to welcoming you back for another truly amazing experience.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

I've just stayed here last night and I would never stay here again. On arrival the hotel looks beautiful from the outside, and the reception area and receptionists were very pleasant and efficient. After that everything went down hill....
In the rooms we were allocated, the beds went up at the foot end, wallpaper was peeling off the walls, damp on the ceiling, bathroom smelt very stale, dirty bed sheets with stains on them, cobwebs on the ceiling, my friend has woke this morning and been bitten. one of our windows had been painted open, and the other was painted shut.

I must say the staff were lovely, very helpful and courteous. We went down to reception to complain about the rooms and they did move us to alternative rooms, they were slightly better than the original so we took them. Still had paper coming away from the walls, but we had to make the best of a bad situation.

Room Tip: Avoid room 216
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Hevs75

We are so sorry to read that we did not meet your expectations during your stay. This is certainly not our standard, so if you could please email me your contact details and when is a good time to call you so we can discuss your recent stay that would wonderful.

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Great sharing plate, lovely beef and delicious puddings! I attended a dinner at the Castle last night with 50 or so other people. The whole event went without fault.
The starter was made up of large sharing boards, 1 meat the other fish. Everyone on our table tucked in with great enthusiasm. There was more than enough of everything for everyone - which is pretty unusual at these sort of events and the quality was first class.
Main course was a good sized steak cooked well which is not easy for so many people.
Pudding was another large sharing board with lots of tasty treats and fresh fruit.
All in all a very good dinner.
The hotel rooms aren't the most modern in UK but the beds are clean and comfy and the shower hot and powerful. You'll NEVER get disturbed by road noise here so what more can you want? Oh breakfast, just had mine... plentiful, hot buffet. I'll be coming here again!

• Stayed: April 2014

We are so happy to know that the amazing team at DeVere Studley Castle were able to create amazing memorable experiences for you our guest. Thank you for your review. I will be sure to discuss this wonderful feedback with team. We look forward to welcoming you back for another truly amazing experience.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Me and my partner stayed here on the night of Sunday 30th March on a Devere offer. I am late posting this review after giving Devere 2 weeks to answer my letter and email of complaint, which they haven't had the courtesy to do.

On arrival you certainly aren't met with the view that is shown on the website. To the right hand side of the main building is an old building housing the bedrooms and demountable buildings, which looked like a closed down outward bound centre. On arrival we sat in the car for 15 minutes deciding if we could bear to stay here.

The room we were allocated was small and desperately in need of refurbishment.

The only saving grace was the evening meal was excellent, even though you only had a choice of 4 items on the menu. This was probably due to hardly anyone staying there.

My advice is don't stay here!!

Room Tip: Don't accept a room in the annex!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Sue M

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Chose the De Vere Venues Studley Castle for a quiet break and because it was only a few miles from my home town. Set in a large open space at the end of a long drive(which, unfortunately is full of potholes). An impressive building and the lobby is quite impressive too. The staff were really friendly and welcoming. Our room was a delux double and had a kingsize bed, a huge bathroom with a bath and over bath shower, and a lovely view over the fields. The evening meal was nice. Not an extensive menu but something for everyone, £28 for 3 course. Service was just right, not rushed and not to long between courses. The breakfast was very good, cereals, fruit, yoghurt, toast and the full English. A very pleasant stay, would go there again.

Room Tip: Was told by receptionist that the rooms in the original part. Of the building are the better ones bu...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Reg C

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Stayed for a long weekend as a get away with my partner, everything started excellently, very pleasant lady on check in and very helpful young man serving us afternoon tea in the lounge. The fire alarms went off about early evening and it was as if we were on a set of fawlty towers! The girl who seemed to be in charge seemed clueless, we were stood outside for 40 mins, no apology or explanation, we bumped into the girl and asked what happened, her response was "i'm not going to have time to find out if people keep asking me, go back to your room!". WOW!!!
Dinner was nice, reasonable prices and drinks the same. We made our way to bed when we realised there was no electric, I went to reception and spoke to the same girl who said she was the duty manager, she told me to "wait in my room"… me - "but theres no electric, we can't see where we are going!"…. her - "I'll see what I can do but I'm not an electrician"!!!!
WOW
The young man who served us tea earlier (Leigh or Luke?) was very helpful and offered me and my husband a hot drink in the lounge until they knew what was going on.
With still no electric an hour later I told the young lady I wanted to check out, she said I couldn't because the computers weren't working and she walked off! WOW. Luckily the young man helped us by taking our details and said someone would contact us in the morning, he even helped me pack our bags and gave us some water and biscuits for the car and seemed genuinely apologetic.
Although fire alarms are beyond the control of the staff, it wouldn't hurt for some of them to even pretend to be a little bit apologetic and not make us feel like a burden!! Will not return!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank jsTreen2014

Reviewed 7 April 2014

i brought my mom this saturday for a mothers day treat due me working on mothers day .
drive up to the castle is beautiful i loved the wellies in line by the front door , made it feel so relaxed .
the entrance is lovely. our room was very clean and welcoming . our food on the evening was perfect .
i asked my mom her feedback
she said she had a lovely time enjoyed views, she loved evening tea , she did say break fast could been more on form with staff.
but please bare in mind they had a power cut then fire alarms going off and still staff under a lot stress with busy weekend of customers, lady who told us what was happening was holly and i must say she was lovely and she did keep us up to date .
i have stopped at many hotels and this has not at all put me off stopping again .
i am looking forward in returning to the castle .
my own comments would be change the orange juice at break fast , and have middle price with the wine i love bottle with evening tea but i went for only a glass as i felt it was over priced with only been a rosa . will be booking our next break very soon x

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank amazingdel

Thank you mstarkey@studleycastle.com

Been to Studley Castle Hotel and Conference Centre? Share your experiences!