“Would recommend this hotel.”

Best Western Crown Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Boroughbridge
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Very friendly hotel, staff would bend over backwards to sort out any issues. My 5 year old son was made very welcome by Mark, who Was a credit to the hotel, with his warm personality and fun attitude. I would return to this hotel no hesitation after his hospitality alone. The rooms where a little tired and outdated, but very clean and tidy. The family room though was above the machinery for pool and got very warm and noisy at night making it very hard to get a restful sleep so bare this in mind when booking. The swimming pool was cold but had all amenities you would expect, again a little tired in areas. The car parking is secure and the area is very nice to eat and walk around at night. The hotel is close to York and light water valley theme park if exploring the local area. The breakfast was excellent and again mark made the stay worth it with his attention to make the stay as pleasant as possible. I would return and I would recommend the hotel to friends and family.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 31 March 2014

The rooms are clean and spacious, the en suite clean. The swimming pool, jacuzzi, steam room, sauna we used several times and every time we had it to ourselves.

The breakfast was okay but they need to buy better quality sausages.

The only over problem was they need to buy better quality toilet paper no one uses one ply toilet paper anymore.

Room Tip: do not stay in rooms 80 to 82 as these rooms are over the swimming pool and you get a constant hummi...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 March 2014

So with Mr Jaxs' birthday on the immediate horizon I decided to whisk him away for a couple of nights. After a good evenings internet browsing I found this place. Less than an hour from home but far enough to feel like a mini-break. Got a good rate by booking 2 weeks in advance and paying in full. Rang Friday morning to confirm what time we would be arriving and spoke to a very helpful lady on reception who said she would be on duty when we arrived. Set off from home and told hubby to follow postcode in satnav (did I say I hadn't told him where we were going??)

Arrived safe and sound to a very pleasant lady who obviously cared about customer service as she had picked up on my comment that hubby's mobility wasn't too good and (without being asked) she had swopped our room to a ground floor one. She was welcoming without being overwhelming and that just set the standard for the whole staff we met over the weekend, from duty manager to housekeeping staff.

Rooms are clean and comfortable, bed was SOOO comfortable. Leisure facilities were first class and mainly deserted. Friday nights meal in the restaurant was lovely, can highly recommend the crispy belly port on black pudding mash and Mr Jax said his steak was melt- in- the- mouth. Saturday night we ate out at the local Indian, Shahi Raj, and that was really good too.

Boroughbridge is a lovely little town and the walk around the shops on Saturday morning, in the sunshine, was a nice experience. The title of this review says it all really, brilliant weekend and we would have no hesitation in recommending this great little hotel and its facilities.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JaxWestYorks

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I arrived early having travelled for over 5 hours and asked if I could check in. The receptionist proceeded to tell me how early I was and didn't I know you couldn't check in at 11.15. I pointed out that I had simply asked if I could check in. I then moved off to use the hotel computer around the corner only to hear the lady talking to her friend complaining about my attitude! I went over and challenged her and she then tried to deny she was talking about me. No apology was forthcoming at any time. Whatever happened to the customer being right?

This was probably the worst customer service I have ever experienced. The hotel is rather tired and my room was in a poor state with mould all around the windows and a very tired bathroom. The food in the restaurant was good but the service was incredibly slow.

Whilst i was working in reception another lady came in to mention that her mother had been for afternoon tea the previous day and the bread and cake were stale. The rude lady on the desk was rather dismissive of her with no attempt being made to remedy the situation or offer her a refund or return visit. Once the lady was out of the door again the slanderous comments began - quite incredible!

I could cope with all the other issues if there had been some good customer service. There is simply no excuse for poor staff these days.

I'm told there are plenty of other hotels in this area and if I have to return sadly it won't be back to the crown after this experience.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Jdmus1
John G, Director of Sales at Best Western Crown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Thank you for advising via Trip Advisor about the situation you experienced at reception when you visited the hotel recently. Please accept our sincere apologies that a member of staff did not treat you with the utmost courtesy and care. It would be most helpful if we could investigate this further and would be grateful if you could advise what day and time that this happened? As you will see, we have some great reviews and our staff have won awards for their care and attitudes towards customers so it is important that we take appropriate steps to maintain these standards. Thank you in advance, John, director of sales. (Our hotel manager would normally respond but is off ill at present.) Thanks again

Reviewed 25 March 2014

this is a cool place , i feel the staff make it in a way , this place will make you smile , its not the most modern , its the not the most chic , but there is something really homely and welcoming about this place , i have stayed a few times now both for business and for pleasure , the spa and pool are great really clean and part of the reason why it keeps me coming back
the foods a good honest hearty menu , the town is sweet , the rooms are comfy and not too clinical

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 March 2014

We stayed here in February this year, the hotel is in the centre close to some nice pubs.
The hotel was clean and tidy. The staff were more than helpful. We had a meal in the hotel which was very nice and the breakfast was also great.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boroughbridge
The Ripon Spa Hotel
Best Western Dower House Hotel & Spa
The Angel at Topcliffe Hotel
17 mi away
Feversham Arms Hotel & Verbena Spa

Been to Best Western Crown Hotel? Share your experiences!