“Worth traveling from Siena to go to this restaurant”

Vecchia Osteria Pizzeria Bella Napoli
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London, United Kingdom
“Worth traveling from Siena to go to this restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2011

I visit this restaurant each time I am in Siena even though it is a few kilometers down the road from Siena. They focus on the freshest local ingredients including local wines - and you can taste the care. The food is inventive and absolutely delicious. The owners - Gianluigi (in the kitchen) and Roberta (front of the house) take wonderful care of you. (They fixed a special pasta dish for me with truffles when I was there in March.)

On one of my first visits there I met a couple from the US that visit the restaurant annually. They make sure they are there on an evening when fresh pici is available. I was surprised that they came back each year - but after one meal I realized why. I have now visited the restaurant 4 times in the last 5 years and if I'm close to Siena I make a special trip to go.

Visited March 2011