My wife and I spent three nights here, near the Phuket airport, after spending a week in Phuket & Krabi and before travelling to Chiang Mai. The location is perfect in relation to the airport (under ten minutes and 200 THB by hotel shuttle) and right across the street from the beach. We opted for a pool villa and I think we’re now hooked. We subsequently booked two more pool villas at resorts/hotels during the balance of our Thailand trip.
The villas are completely private, consist of one large bedroom and sitting area, and you have to go outside for the shower and large tub as well as the separate water closet (toilet). The small pool is perfect for jumping in to cool off after enduring the hot Thailand sun and humidity. There’s no better respite from the swelter unless you hang out indoors in the air conditioning. Why do that when you can jump in the pool?
The hotel also provides free bicycles which were perfect for cruising up the road along the beach to the various businesses and restaurants of Nai Yang beach, they have a DVD library for the free use of guests, an evening happy hour at their poolside bar, and they don’t charge for frozen water (ice) delivered to your room. They have their own restaurant, which we ate at a couple of times, but, frankly, it doesn’t compare to some of the other TripAdvisor-reviewed restaurants on the beach. Breakfast, included in our rate, was average at best as was the only dinner we ate there.
Overall, the staff here are great and the quiet, private seclusion of the pool villas makes this a place that we’ll certainly want to experience again. If you’re looking for a romantic and private retreat close to a beach and the airport then this place is for you. Without question we look forward to staying here again if in Phuket.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Integrating both resort and residential living, Dewa Phuket with its 34 pool villas and 62 one and two bedroom residences,offers the perfect retreat for the discerning traveler seeking a tranquil, tropical beach holiday amidst true Thai hospitality. Complimentary hi-speed internet & wifi, 24 hours room service, kids room, fitness room, Spa, jacuzzi, laundry service, bakery, library, close proximity to Blue Canyon Golf Course, airport and marinas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Dewa Phuket Resort Nai Yang Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dewa Phuket Nai Yang
- Dewa Phuket Hotel Nai Yang
- Dewa Phuket Resort Nai Yang Beach