“bad experience” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Octopus Restaurant - CLOSED

Octopus Restaurant
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Seafood
Good for: Cheap Eats, Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Vaduz, Liechtenstein
“bad experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

First of all I have to say that I went there for the second time, because the first time was great. I had the best thai curry ever and also the service was excellent. So, on my last day I wanted to have that great experience again. It was lunchtime and i was the first customer, so they were not busy! They brought me to a table and gave me the menu. But then they just ignored me. After 20 minutes without any service and not even a drink, i decided to leave.

The location might be great, but there are several other restaurants just a few steps away. I will definitely go to Nai Yang beach again, but for sure I won't visit Octopus anymore.

• Visited March 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

• Korean first
  • Thai first
“Really disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

I hate giving bad reviews but feel that this is one I have to give.

It was our last night in Thailand and we were looking forward to having a really fine last Thai meal. We saw the octopus restaurant and both agreed it looked great.
Once seated, we must have waited 15mins before we were asked what we wanted to drink and, honestly, must have waited another 15 before getting them.
The food was exactly the same, waited ages to order then took forever to arrive, to the point where we had finished our starter and had waited so long we contemplated just walking away as we thought we'd been forgotten about!

Service aside, the starters were good for us both but we both agree that the mains were only ok and definitely not worth waiting well over an hour for.

1 Thank Scot-min
Singapore, Singapore
“Very simple and good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

.very nice place to spend a day in a nice beach...relaxing and having some good food at the sunset....
Food is much better of what we had in our hotel....
Try the crabs please and enjoy...

• Visited January 2014
Brussels, Belgium
“I have a crush”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

Octopus is my very favorite. The waiters are maybe not well trained. They sometimes seems to be 'lost' but they are so friendly and doing their best that you can't blame them. Their food is sometimes a little bit too salty bit it's very good and they make you feel good.
The menu is very large and the portions are generous.
Very good pad thai, chicken in pineapple and chicken with curry powder to quote our favorites. The evening they offer you chips and fresh pineapple.

Visited January 2014
west australia
“What a Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

On the beach with a beautiful view and a gentle breeze, couldn't ask for more.

We ate here 4 times and each night it was the same quality. Normally we all ate Thai but did do the Western as well.

Check the bill though as they under charged (can you believe that) for drinks every night. They were very happy when we told them and gave us complimentary fruits.

The waiters didn't speak a lot of English but the service was really good and very attentive.

Good value and recommended.

• Visited January 2014