“Awesome food, service and atmosphere”
Review of Octopus Restaurant - CLOSED

Octopus Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood, Thai
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Really friendly atmosphere, the staff were always willing to explain the dishes. We tried several restaurants but kept returning here. The stir fried beef curry is amazing

Reviewed 24 April 2014

We used to really like this place, but wont be going back any more. The starters that we chose were fine and up to the usual standard, but the main courses were all very 'shiny' and obviously full of MSG. There are better places just across the road on the beach that dont use MSG - I dont like leaving bad reviews, but sorry to say this one is deserved.

Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Had a sensational afternoon drinking cheap cocktails followed by a late lunch. Well priced, clean and a free toilet for patrons!

Reviewed 29 March 2014

First of all I have to say that I went there for the second time, because the first time was great. I had the best thai curry ever and also the service was excellent. So, on my last day I wanted to have that great experience again. It was lunchtime and i was the first customer, so they were not busy! They brought me to a table and gave me the menu. But then they just ignored me. After 20 minutes without any service and not even a drink, i decided to leave.

The location might be great, but there are several other restaurants just a few steps away. I will definitely go to Nai Yang beach again, but for sure I won't visit Octopus anymore.

Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

I hate giving bad reviews but feel that this is one I have to give.

It was our last night in Thailand and we were looking forward to having a really fine last Thai meal. We saw the octopus restaurant and both agreed it looked great.
Once seated, we must have waited 15mins before we were asked what we wanted to drink and, honestly, must have waited another 15 before getting them.
The food was exactly the same, waited ages to order then took forever to arrive, to the point where we had finished our starter and had waited so long we contemplated just walking away as we thought we'd been forgotten about!

Service aside, the starters were good for us both but we both agree that the mains were only ok and definitely not worth waiting well over an hour for.

1  Thank Scot-min