All reviews small river garden villa national park living room raft punt beach airport patong massage lock
Reviewed 1 September 2011

My boyfriend booked a garden villa with them. I would recommened them for any couple or family enjoying a relexing gateway. also he asked them to set a good seafood set for us which they require 1 day order in advance The taste is so good and fresh. We really happy. A few staff but nice and helpful. !

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank emily642
Reviewed 1 September 2011

Just got back from Phuket and am so pleased with this resort that I have to give it two thumbs up!

Rooms:
Stayed in a deluxe pool view room. Lovely design and layout (the toilet has a glass wall and so can see through from the bed). Only qualm was that they did not provide toothpaste and my toilet smelled slightly off. Housekeeping was clean and efficient, replenished our complimentary water and coffee, also let us borrow their towels out of the hotel. Beds were spacious and comfortable.

Staff:
Extremely friendly and helpful. Gave good recommendations on places to visit.

Food:
Some dishes were good (eg somtam) but others were average. Prices slightly less than normal hotel food prices.

Pool and hotel views:
Pool has some twigs and leaves from the surrounding foliage. But otherwise the grounds are clean and pleasant. Felt like a huge house and I wished I actually owned it! =) Cosy sitting area but also felt spacious at the same time. Hanging out at the pool at night, great chill out idea.

Room Tip: I bought a Groupon which gave a free one-way airport transfer and was only 96GBP for 4D3N. Well worth it.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jaenne
Reviewed 28 August 2011

Normally i would be skeptical about trying new hotels, especially if they were only less than 5 months old. No track record, not much revews etc. But just on a whim and fancy i decided to give this place a go.

Just 10 minutes away from the airport and nicely tucked away from the hustle and bustle of Patong, if you are looking for some good R&R, this is the place, peaceful yet acessible to all your amenties, food and beaches, personally I find Naiyang beach cleaner compared to Patong.

The rooms were wonderfully decorated and clean (important to me), you have free wifi access , which many of the resorts and hotels in Phuket lack, even the Starbucks do not offer wifi.

But what really blew me away and made me feel at home, was the service.

Too much of Thai spicy food took its toll on my stomach, the mouth was willing but the tummy was weak. I was down with a very upset tummy during the last two days of my trip, guess age was catching up on me.

The moment the staff knew about it, they offered to get me some medicine, which i declined as i brought my own. Fine, given most hotels may do this.

But what really took the cake was, their willingness to go all the way out for you. Through my years whenever i had an upset tummy, i could not take anything strong, and in a country where the people live with spice, all i wanted was a bowl of pork porridge cooked the way i like it.

They asked me what I would want to eat, some noodle soup or something, I said I just wanted porridge that wasn't on the menu, and just like a mother, they listened to what I wanted and prepared it just the way i liked it. It made me feel special, it made me feel the warmth, love , compassion of the staff for their guest. I did not feel like a tourist there, I suddenly felt like I was home. (Short of them feeding me the porridge)

So to all the staff and management at L'esprit de Naiyang, thank you so much, you have won my heart with your heart, and truly you epitomise what service truly is and should be. If there was another place for me to call home. This is it.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
6  Thank cookpot
Reviewed 25 August 2011

After worked hard for many years, our family decided to go Phuket for our vacation at L'esprit Nayang. It is not 5 stars hotel, small resort but friendly staff and good for Island trip recommendation. We stayed for 6 days and 5 nights. First day, we checked in early at 10.00 am. and enjoy swimmimg pool , then we went out for city tour. For 2nd and 4th day, we went to Phi-Phi one day trip and Jamed Bon Islands.. My son really like a swimming pool and so relax for my wife...
At Naiyang, it is good for couples and people who want to relax and hideaway from busy busy things. The restaurant here is most Thai Food and good taste for Thai Food lovers. Not much in bakery.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Proof777
Reviewed 22 August 2011

Just back from a very nice weekend at l'espirit de naiyang. Availed of the free pick up from the airport and we were there in 10 minutes. We had read some reviews that people recommended the pool side villas so we took the advice and were very pleased. The villa had lounge, bedroom and an outdoor bathroom with covered roof. Well appointed I would say. It's brand new and felt hand made to a good standard. There was a little outside area for each villa which may be planned for chairs or a bbq, but has not yet been furnished.

The best bit was the direct pool access from the villa, which is 75 m long overall and at night it is as beautiful as the photos suggest. One point to note was the water wasn't clean for a pool, I don't think their filter system was operating and it had turned a bit green. They have a swim up bar, which makes decent cocktails, but the water was very dirty at that end so I didn't really enjoy the wait.

Breakfast was good, they do a good scrambled egg, the coffee was really nice and they keep topping up. We had dinner one night and it was really delicious, probably one of the phad thai I have had to be honest!

The beach is very close. The shortest way is to cross the narrow canal at the end of the resort, by pedalo boat. Simple but effective. Not sure how you get to Nai Yang on foot but may not be too much of a walk. We really liked the beach, it's very quiet for a thai beach, so you can relax.

Overall we really liked l'espirit de naiyang. I would say very good, and only getting 4/5 because of the pool maintenance. The staff are really friendly and will organise anything for you, and since they are new we wish them the best of luck!

Room Tip: Pool side villa appears to be the best
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple