As you land at Phuket airport look out the right hand side of the plane and you'll be able to see this resort. However, noise is not an issue, and it's cool watching planes in their glide path from the beach. The beach fronts a national park, so you can go out to the beach in the morning and not see a single footprint.
However, the beach is a bit problematic. It has the longest distance between high tide and low tide I've ever seen -- about a kilometer. This means at high tide you have to wade out a distance so that your hands don't strike bottom when you swim, and at low tide swimming is an impossibility -- you can even walk out to some distant islands!!
I've read some reviews, and this is not the hotel if you are looking for a Patpong type experience. It is isolated compared to Karon Beach, which is great if you just want to hang out and relax, but not if you like to socialize until late.
This is a new hotel, and so the furnishings, electronics, etc are quite nice. There is free wifi in the rooms, too, which was very nice.
However, there are some operational issues. The main one concerns the "moat" you have to cross to get to the beach and restaurants about a 10-minute walk away. There is a kind of a boat to take you across, but frequently it wasn't manned. This meant you had to stand and yell for someone to take you across. We had to wait 20 minutes during one trip back from the beach. It would help if they would put some sort of bell or alarm to press that would quickly summon someone.
Another odd thing was the lack of tables and chairs. They have nice outdoor patios, but they only give you a cheap plastic mattress to lie on. My family loves to sit outside and enjoy the mornings and evenings, but this is impossible.
We usually walked down to the restaurants for our meals, but did eat twice in the hotel restaurant. Very overpriced, very small portions, and no fruit. Coffee was instant Nescafe, which I wouldn't serve to my worst enemy.
The pickup from airport was free, but the trip back (about 2 km) cost 300bht, which is outrageous.
Finally, ants were a bit of a problem. I live in the tropics, so I am quite used to them (and every hotel has them) but various armies seemed to have camped out in our room. It would be a simple matter to put out some ant poison to control the numbers. The ants don't bite, but be sure to clean up any crumbs!!
Bottom line: Good place for a quiet, peaceful vacation with swimming possible only once a day, and a excellent place if the manager would make some minor operational changes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- L'esprit de Naiyang, Phuket Resort is a charming phuket resort consisting of 15 pool-access villas, 10 garden villas, 5 private pool villa, 15 deluxe rooms and 1 family dluxe accommodations. L'esprit de Naiyang is dramatically located at peaceful Naiyang beach of Phuket, a white sand rimmed with green pines of Sirinat Marine National Park. It takes just 10 minute from Phuket International airport and takes 35 min to Central of Phuket. L'esprit de Phuket offers an intimate, private comfortable accommodation. It is a perfect destination for a romantic getaway, family vacation, or just to take relaxation retreat from your busy world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your L'esprit de Naiyang Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- l`Esprit De Naiyang Hotel Thalang
- L'Esprit De Naiyang Resort Phuket/Nai Yang