L'esprit de Naiyang Resort
Good 3.5/5
  • Pool
    T-Villa Resort(Nai Yang)
    Average 3/5
    All reviewssmall rivernational parkliving roomvilla with private poolpool sidea lovely stayphuket airportgreat poollow seasonraftpuntbeachpatongmassagebahtconsbathtub
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 2 December 2011

We had a good time in Phuket. The hotel is nice and clean. The staff is very friendly, and manager Pam and her husband are very helpful. Pam saw we have the kids with us, and she gave us a upgrade to garden villa. My kids like the breakfast and pool at hotel also! My husband and I love the firm hotel bed.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
    1  Thank JenniferYMLu
    Reviewed 28 November 2011

Stayed with my family of 7. We bought 4 groupons (4rooms). 2 of the rooms got upgraded to the 2 bedroom villa. That was nice. Overall it was a simple and quiet hotel but you can tell that there's still construction going on here and there. The rooms were spacious and beds are comfy.But the main drawback was that it's very far from anything especially the normal tourist hotspots. However, we still enjoyed our trip being able to spend time together .

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
    3  Thank smst83
    Reviewed 24 November 2011

It is very quiet and small resort but feel comfortable and warm welcome. That there still is such a place on relax and privacy. As a honeymooner, we enjoy the plunge pool villa or garden villa, on the other hand we also enjoy a big swimming pool and pool bar.
    Food is noy much variety but at a reasonable price.

The villa style is mixed Thai and modern with spa-like bath room. Oh! I feel it is too openned bathroom on the first day but day after I feel that is what I want...be nature!

We enjoyed the private plunge pool with our sunbeds. It is near the airport but no noisy from the plane.
    A small hammer was the beach area which is dark at night. The staff explained that it is a naional park so it is not allowed for light installment. However, we walked out to the bar and restaurant after the gateway and enjoy the private beach..

Not much staff in the hotel but they show the friendly and service minded attitude.
    We will definetly be back!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank Nana S
    Reviewed 11 November 2011

As you land at Phuket airport look out the right hand side of the plane and you'll be able to see this resort. However, noise is not an issue, and it's cool watching planes in their glide path from the beach. The beach fronts a national park, so you can go out to the beach in the morning and not see a single footprint.

However, the beach is a bit problematic. It has the longest distance between high tide and low tide I've ever seen -- about a kilometer. This means at high tide you have to wade out a distance so that your hands don't strike bottom when you swim, and at low tide swimming is an impossibility -- you can even walk out to some distant islands!!

I've read some reviews, and this is not the hotel if you are looking for a Patpong type experience. It is isolated compared to Karon Beach, which is great if you just want to hang out and relax, but not if you like to socialize until late.

This is a new hotel, and so the furnishings, electronics, etc are quite nice. There is free wifi in the rooms, too, which was very nice.

However, there are some operational issues. The main one concerns the "moat" you have to cross to get to the beach and restaurants about a 10-minute walk away. There is a kind of a boat to take you across, but frequently it wasn't manned. This meant you had to stand and yell for someone to take you across. We had to wait 20 minutes during one trip back from the beach. It would help if they would put some sort of bell or alarm to press that would quickly summon someone.

Another odd thing was the lack of tables and chairs. They have nice outdoor patios, but they only give you a cheap plastic mattress to lie on. My family loves to sit outside and enjoy the mornings and evenings, but this is impossible.

We usually walked down to the restaurants for our meals, but did eat twice in the hotel restaurant. Very overpriced, very small portions, and no fruit. Coffee was instant Nescafe, which I wouldn't serve to my worst enemy.

The pickup from airport was free, but the trip back (about 2 km) cost 300bht, which is outrageous.

Finally, ants were a bit of a problem. I live in the tropics, so I am quite used to them (and every hotel has them) but various armies seemed to have camped out in our room. It would be a simple matter to put out some ant poison to control the numbers. The ants don't bite, but be sure to clean up any crumbs!!

Bottom line: Good place for a quiet, peaceful vacation with swimming possible only once a day, and a excellent place if the manager would make some minor operational changes.

Room Tip: Stay away from the pool unless you like hearing people chat and drink until late.
    • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
    Reviewed 7 November 2011

I stayed at the hotel for 3 nights in the deluxe room. The room is clean and comfortable, definitely worth it for the amount of money I paid. I guess what I didn't pay for was the location.

On the first night, we went to the nearby Naiyang beach for a massage and the sky was ALL dark on our way back. We had to walk back through the forest with no torch, trusting our instinct with the directions back to the hotel. Luckily we got back before 8 and the man was still there to help us cross the river. Horrible experience!

We went to Kota beach on another night and the taxi fare was bt1300 one way and the driver got lost along the way. It took almost 1 hour! If you are planning to do most of your activities or party in Patong or bigger beaches, this is not the place to stay. However, if you are transitting and looking for a cheap and descent hotel near to the airport, L'esprit is the choice. But the hotel charged bt400 for a 5 min ride to the airport was way too expensive.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple