We stayed here one night at the end of our holiday. We were staying on Ko Lanta but had an early flight home, too early to get off the island and make it to Phuket airport for our 5.45am flight. Nai Yang beach was recommended on the TA forums as an ideal location for the airport.
I can't recall exactly what we paid for our room as we 'packaged' it with our flight via Expedia. Admittedly it wasn't a lot - we didn't want to pay too much for a room we would be vacating at 3.30am. It was supposed to be on special offer at half price (should have realised!) but even half price didn't feel good value or quash our disappointment.
First off........This is NOT anywhere near the standard of the many 4 star hotels I have stayed in previously. It wasn't even close to a 3 star. At least the rooms which we stayed in (deluxe sky room) which are in the main block above reception where at best 2 star. Perhaps the pool villas are better but I would be surprised given the general standard in the rest of the hotel if they were significantly better in anything other than location by the pool.
The rooms are virtually all white and try to be boutique and modern in their style. I love this style but unfortunately it can't be done on the cheap and need constant maintenance (e.g. Touching up paintwork) and this was definitely lacking. The room was simply depressing. The balcony was bit much better - a couple of cheap plastic garden chairs and a massive air conditioning unit plonked bang in the middle. The door to the room had gaps all round and looked so flimsy I didn't feel particularly secure. Even putting my valuables I the safe didn't alleviate my concern as it was only screwed to a shelf in the wardrobe. The air con in the room was very effective but very noisy.
Bathroom was fine but the shower was cold. Didn't seem worth the hassle of calling to report.
We requested a 3am wake up call - as a back up to our phone alarm. Instead we got the call at 2am - not great when I had been struggling to get to sleep not least with the noisy air con, the noise from other guests and the planes. I worried that the calls were mixed up and perhaps someone else had booked a 2am call so called reception to check but got no apology.
And because the door to the room is flimsy and leads to an external balcony you will hear the planes all night. Which was surprising because when we sat on Nai Yang beach for dinner at sunset there appeared to be very few landing and taking off - so I guess Phuket gets a lot of nighttime flights.
When we began to bring our bags down the stairs on checkout the reception member of staff ran up the stairs and asked for our key to check the mini bar. Most hotels would trust guests to be honest on checkout so this felt really rude especially considering all there was in the mini bar was a few cans of soft drinks and beer. It wasn't like it had spirits or champagne. Plus they had our credit card copied at checkin for guarantee anyway.
We didn't sample breakfast but I think we're offered a packed breakfast at check in which we declined. The breakfast area looked depressing.....a bit like a holiday camp or cheap canteen.
I would not recommend this hotel to disabled or those who have difficulty walking. There are lots of stairs including a large and steep staircase up to reception from where our taxi dropped us off and as we were on the top floor about 3 double flights to our room. There is no lift although we were assisted with our luggage up to the rooms so it didn't cause us any issues for us personally.
The taxi ride to the airport is less than 5 mins (at least it was at the time we travelled) and you just have to accept you will be ripped off with 500THB fixed fare. We were told when booking the taxi at reception that it would take a lot longer than it did....probably because of the price.
The barge crossing to access the beach is well documented in other reviews so was not unexpected and although the walk to the restaurants is not far I didn't feel particularly safe in the dark (even with my husband) as there were teenagers hanging about and it sounded like they were trying to get our attention whistling and calling.
I thought it would be fine for our purposes but had I known the hotel and rooms were of 2 star standard I would never have booked it. Would not return...obviously!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- L'esprit de Naiyang, Phuket Resort is a charming phuket resort consisting of 15 pool-access villas, 10 garden villas, 5 private pool villa, 15 deluxe rooms and 1 family dluxe accommodations. L'esprit de Naiyang is dramatically located at peaceful Naiyang beach of Phuket, a white sand rimmed with green pines of Sirinat Marine National Park. It takes just 10 minute from Phuket International airport and takes 35 min to Central of Phuket. L'esprit de Phuket offers an intimate, private comfortable accommodation. It is a perfect destination for a romantic getaway, family vacation, or just to take relaxation retreat from your busy world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your L'esprit de Naiyang Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- l`Esprit De Naiyang Hotel Thalang
- L'Esprit De Naiyang Resort Phuket/Nai Yang