Lowest prices for your stay
US$139
Expedia.comUS$139
Hotels.comUS$139
PricelineUS$139
4,483 results
All reviews black ginger tin mine indigo pearl adult pools d buk suite tin mining family pool pearl bed suite day bed pool suite swim up bar our honeymoon cooking class thai restaurant outdoor bath large resort amazing resort
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 February 2013

5 star hotel price, 3 or maybe 4 star service. Been to various 5 star resorts in Phuket and this one certainly does not even come close to it in terms of service. At most times I didn't even feel like I was in Thailand because my impression of Thais are that they are very friendly and hospitable. Once I arrived the impression was not good as I thought I had to pretty much carry my own luggage to my room. No one was there to greet or help with the luggage. I thought maybe it'll get better but unfortunately after 5 days there, nothing there really changed my first impression. Some of the staffs were alright but in general they were not. I agree with another review that the service in Tin Mine and especially the Underground Cafe was just overall way below expectations.

Date of stay: February 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
15  Thank KL308
Reviewed 18 February 2013

The location is great, right in the heart of the quiet Nai Yang village, just a step over the beach road and there you are at the one of the best beaches of Phuket. The location is the main thing our family likes the hotel.

The hotel has taken many steps backwards, since we last visited two years ago, and now in Feb 2013 again. The service is just 4 star hotel's. Short guy at the beach is actually very rude and bored with his job. Breakfast is chaos. Water service doesn't work, you always need to worry it by yourself. When ordering in-room dining, it was two times more than a day that the dirty plates were put outside the room and stayed there.
Plumming doesn't work well.
At the first floor of the I -building huge amount of mosquitos inside the room, even though we never used the terrace.
Not enough baby chairs at the breakfast, which was not understandable at all.
When we left the hotel, nobody said nothing, nothing. "Welcome again", "have a nice trip home", etc. nothing.

To summarize, I think the hotel is in the middle of bad management crisis, as most of the routine processes seamed not to work. 5 star hotel means seamless and well-functioning processes, so that the quest won't even notice that things are happening, they just do.

Now, you get the feeling, you need to worry everything in person, otherwise things are not fine.

And, we are not at all especially complaining type of tourista, family of two adults and 3 kids under 6 years age.

Room tip: D-buk suite is good with kids, I-building was ok
Date of stay: February 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank CapeTurning
Reviewed 15 February 2013

Expectations Not Met. The hotel prides itself for being 5 star. Unfortunately, it is anything but 5 star. Tin Mine restaurant wait staff were rude and had attitudes. Wait staff did not take used plates away from our table. Basic service like asking if we would like to start with coffee or tea was not observed. Housekeeping does a poor job of cleaning the rooms. We had to wipe the dust off the tables and the furniture after the room was "cleaned". Our baby developed severe allergies due to the dusty room. We do not recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
7  Thank traveltocountries
ExecOffice, Management at The Slate, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2013

Dear Traveltocountries,

Thank you for your feedback. Your concerns has been certainly noted and addressed. Please note this is not our standard and certainly our priority is guest service. Kind Regards, Indigo Pearl team.

Reviewed 15 February 2013

Great place - love the designer chic and the stylishness of this hotel. Being Australian, I find the food offered in each of the hotels to be very affordable. But the restaurants along the beach are much cheaper.

Pool facilities are great.

We took a cooking class and loved it. Worked out to be about AU$80/person. Really lovely experience including a visit to the local markets.

Service is fantastic and impeccable.

Real highlight was the presents we received

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Katrina B
Reviewed 15 February 2013

We stayed here in September on the way to Europe. This was relaxing, the rooms well apoointed and the restaurant, Black Ginger was stunning.

We did the cooking school in Moo's Kitchen which was unreal!! I would recommend this to you.

There were some renovations being done but it did not impact too much on our trip.
The staff were very friendly and helpful.
I would stay here again!

Room tip: All the rooms are nicely appointed.
Date of stay: September 2012