“Disappointed!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Naiyang Beach Hotel
Melbourne, Australia
“Disappointed!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

I think many reviews written here may be getting Nai Yang Beach HOTEL mixed up with Nai Yang Beach RESORT. There is a HUGE difference between the two, having stayed at both.
So where do I start. I asked if a transfer could be organised 3 months prior to arrival. I sent email to confirm this two days prior to departure. It was responded to whilst we were already travelling that NO transfer was to be organised. So here we were waiting at the airport late at night hoping for transfer, but ended up getting taxi. Not a good start.
The hotel is conveniently located close to airport. One plus.
We arrived late and just crawled into bed. The bed was hard as a rock. When we woke up, we discovered the bed linen was dirty and stained. The shower was blocked up and filled up the base while showering, limiting time spent in shower. There were some horrendous stains on the bathroom walls. Just yuck.
We awoke very early to a lot of noise from other travellers in the hallway.
Breakfast was a joke- there was no food left at 830! I had one slice of soggy watermelon with two tiny potatoes left from scraping the pan. And there was NO COFFEE left! And none of the staff made any more. We were left very disappointed and very hungry.
The beach was a short stroll away so we made our way down there and had a meal at 'the sands'.
This was not a great start to our journey. Lucky for us that this was only an overnight stop before moving onto a much nicer resort. I would not recommend staying here. Sure it is close to the airport and it is cheap, but it was not clean. The spider web sitting on the face washers gave us an indicator of how long it must have been since cleaning. As a previous reviewer said, "you get what you pay for". Too true. I hate leaving negative feedback, but I really didn't have much nice to say about the place. You may have a better experience here than us if you go, but be warned.
Pros- close to beach and airport.
Cons- cleanliness & poor breakfast!!!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HanaLouisa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

Found the proximity to the beach wonderful, the room comfortable, the pools really lovely- but the thing that really bothered me was the old tv in the room that was so ancient and had such terrible sound quality- it spoiled the total effect of the room.
Check in was good, breakfast was fine- noted large groups but this was not an issue. Overall- would stay there again when it is convenient for me. The easy access to beach, national park and airport are real bonuses.

Room Tip: WE stayed on the ground floor- close to the swimming pools- convenient and easy access.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
North Ogden, Utah
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Staff was friendly but the rooms were bad. The A/C shuts off if you are not in the room and takes at least 10 minutes to cool down. The bed linens were stained and nasty - we had to sleep on top of the covers. There were also bugs crawling everywhere in our room. Breakfast was OK. Good thing we didn't spend too much on this hotel because we learned you definitely get what you pay for. One positive thing is it's within walking distance to the beach which was nice. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SHubbard44

Travellers are raving about these Nai Yang hotels

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

First thing, FREE WIFI in room. At another place bearing the same name except the last bit, you would have to pay. As a young couple, this little bit of luxury made absolutely the difference. Not having to sit outside feeding the mosquitoes and enjoy this little bit of luxury inside the room is simply the best

The location is a bit of a way from the action near the beach, maybe about a 20 minute walk to the "action"

The check in was fine, we were offered a drink as soon as we walked up. This little attention to detail is not unnoticed.

The room is quite modern. A/C is a bit slow at first but quickly makes up for it.

The pool was lovely. We had it almost all to ourselves and this was during the afternoon times when the shadow is cast over the pool.

Sadly, we only had one day at this place. From what we have experienced, this is the best place to stay for the money. It would be better if you can ride a moped.

Room Tip: Choose the room that looks out to the pool. Otherwise be expecting noises from vehicles throughout...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TheChoiBoy
Warsaw, Poland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

I've been there for one night. The check in was fair, however realized they really don't speak english, just a few words. The room was really nice, on the 1st floor, bathroom clean and arranged with taste. The standard of the room is what you expect, but.. During the night the air conditioning started leaking, what I found out when I had waken up. There was a cleaining lady at the floor so I tried to tell her about that, but she didn't understand. When I've shown it to her instead of calling somebody to tell about the leak she told me she will clean that later. When I was checking out they told me they have to check if the room is ok so I waited few minutes and they told me verything is fine. But in the evening, in other city I realized I left my Ipad in the room co I called them. Fortunately, the guy who answered understood a bit but said nothing was found so far and asked me to send an e-mail so they will check again. I send e-mail. Next day in the evening, as I didn't get any response, I called one more time. Young woman anwered and she said the same thing - nothing is found but I shall give them my number, she will check it and call me back. They have never called me back, never send me an e-mail in response to that situation. I am 100% sure that I left it charging on the bed. If they didn't find it it means some of their staff have taken that and I can do nothing about that.
The plus of the hotel is close distance to the really nice beach, typical standard of the room and quite complex facilities. I wouldn't reccomend this hotel though if you don't like surprises (there was another guy checking out in the same time as me, and they wanted to charge him for things hes didn't do/use).

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Salmiyah, Kuwait
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

We arrived to phuket at 12:00 am, where we couldnt reach our first destination #Tenta_nekara
so i booked one night in naiyang beach hotel.

The room was very simple and neat. and one of the best beds i used during my honeymoon.

the bathroom had a shower box.

Staff helped me to book a taxi on time and reminded me with it as well.

i didnt have time to explore around as my stay there was extremely temporarily.

Room Tip: Take anti mosquitoes spray with you. I heard a lot of insects :) yet no one entered the room
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Beijing, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

I booked this hotel to accommodate 25 people for a company outing and I couldn't have found a better place. An almost boutique feel, the hotel is quiet and simple but absolutely lovely. Rooms are comfortable with lots of light from full length windows/ doors (and thick curtains to keep the sun out in the early morning), a beautiful swimming pool and extremely friendly and accommodating staff. The location is about 5 minutes to the beach and 10 to restaurants and bars that line the beach. The location is fantastic with a local market across the road three times a week in the afternoons, a local temple, and the National Park 5 minutes walk away on the beach. Take a bus from the airport to Nai Yang Beach which is 50THB (they might put you in your own car to save them time if you are the only one going that direction) and negotiate private taxis to Patong for around 700THB.
This was the perfect choice for a large group but even for couples and families who want a quiet location close enough to the beach and night life of Nai Yang. My entire group had a wonderful stay here.

Room Tip: Bring your own toothbrush and toothpaste. Try and get a room on the bottom floor with a pool view...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business