“Great stay”

Ranked #116 of 134 Hotels in Karon
essex
“Great stay”
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

Spent 11 nights at this guesthouse and really enjoyed our stay. The location is really good in a quiet area so great for sleeping. The room we stayed in was very spacious,clean and comfortable the housekeeping was good,room cleaned and towels changed everyday as was bed linen if you wanted it to be. Had a slight issue with the hot water being temperamental at times but not a major problem. The owner Tony is very welcoming, we spent many nights sitting in the bar drinking and talking with him and other guests till the early hours ( drinks at the bar are overpriced) . Would advise anyone that takes their clothes rarer to be washed to check you get all your items back, I had a piece of clothing go missing but the owners wife completely denied it was there to begin with stating they check items at least 4 times Hmmm clearly they don't as I know I put this item in, but I suppose you could experience this issue in any if the other places that offer a washing service and to be fair the clothes we got back come back clean fresh and ironed well. All in all we had a very good stay here and would certainly go back if we were to ever visit Phuket again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

Spent 1 night here before flying home. Shame we didn't find it sooner. Tony the owner was very hospitable. The rooms, beds and bathrooms were all huge and very well kept and clean. Close to everything u need. It's no Hilton, but if u want good rooms for around 1000 baht a night, this is ur place.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank JonGKing
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 13 February 2014

I wouldn't look anywhere else. Huge rooms and beds, perfect location right in the middle of where you want to be. Stairs might be a problem for some, not for me. Rooms were clean, laundry service was handy and low priced.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Mick1313
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Tony, the owner, runs the Green Island Guest House as if you are truly a guest in his house. He is warm and friendly and always available to share a tip about Karon. The rooms are large, the housekeeping staff did an AMAZING job. My room was always SPOTLESS and they did it with a smile on their faces.

I was in room 7 which had a great view of the city center with a private balcony. Just be aware that there are 53 steps to get to the top floor. So if you don't like steps, ask for a room on a lower floor. It is a workout to get to the top floor.

I would have given Green Island 5 stars except for the receptionist who you give your keys to as you come and go. She never smiled, she never said Good Morning (Sawat Dee Ka), she never said Thank You (Khap Khun Ka). She always seemed too busy putting on her makeup to concern herself with you. I finally gave up and just carried my room (attached to a big stick) so I wouldn't have to deal with her unpleasantness every day.

(I'm sure she is the same lady that the prior reviewer complained about ruining their laundry. I did use another laundry service so I wouldn't have to deal with her.)

It's surprising because Tony does such an amazing job running his Guest House. I would definitely return if they had a friendly receptionist.

Room Tip: Room 7 was great with a private balcony, but many, many steps!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank ricknuff
ipswich
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the centara and took our washing with our friends to be washed. We filled in separate slips for the washing and weighed it 50b per kilo. We had two kilos. When we collected it they charged us double and we seemed to be missing some of our clothes. This was night before we were leaving. We realised our clothes had been mixed with our friends washing. The clothes had obviously been washed together and our friends pink trousers had died all the washing. We went back the next day and they denied that the clothes were washed with our friends and said that the blue shorts were pink when we bought them in. They didnt understand us and just laughed. Lesson learnt we bought the rest of the washing home!

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
melrose ,scotland
Reviewed 29 May 2013

this is my fav off the budget hotels in karon . ive stayed in this one many times over the years .you always get a friendly welcome from tony and tang .the rooms are a good size .very clean.large queen beds .cable tv. and now they also have wi-fi on all the floors.the rooms are cleaned every day .love the powerful hot showers, .this hotel has 14 rooms .bar,and pool table .its situated in the middle off karon so everything is on the doorstep. and its not in a noisy area,so a good nights sleep can be had by all,beach and restaurants are all just a short walk. great location.friendly service .clean rooms .what more can u ask !!.

Room Tip: front rooms are best no 5 is my fav ,but no 7 on the top floor has a balcony too
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank scotsblue
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 4 April 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 5 days in March for the last leg of our trip. The hotel is in an amazing location, a short walk to the beach and many restaurants(you just have to find the good ones). The hotel was clean and the room spacious. The staff are friendly and helpful. The owner, Tony, is a gracious host and his recommendations for restaurants were right on the money. If we return to Phuket and Karon Beach again, we would stay here.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple