Rattana Beach Hotel
US$110
Movenpick.com
  • Pool
Katathani Phuket Beach Resort(Kata Noi Beach)(Great Value!)
US$298
US$279
  • Beachfront
US$162
US$147
  • Breakfast included
US$94
Centara Karon Resort Phuket(Karon)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$70
  • Breakfast included
Pacific Club Resort(Karon Beach)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$69
US$109
US$93
US$82
  • Pool
Chanalai Garden Resort(Kata Beach)(Great Value!)
US$47
US$42
US$179
US$152
Priceline
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 January 2011

I stayed at this hotel for only one night and had to check out as the noise was so loud I had to leave. The noise was louder than the TV in my room and the windows were shaking from the noise. Further, the hotel never advised me of the noise and they were extremely unhelpful and rude about the matter. Did not refund me for the new year's eve gala dinner which I was not even there for.

The pool was also very small and the rooms was not very clean at all.

I will never stay at this hotel again and do not recommend anyone.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nicolemao
Reviewed 3 January 2011

Location
1. Very good location as near to the beach and restaurants.
2. Very convenient if you rent a motorbike or just hop on a tuk-tuk to nearby Kata beach for more restaurants if you want options.

Customer Service
1. I've never experienced staffs that were not well-groomed as the ones you can find in this hotel. They were borderline rude if you do take offense. What happened to the Thai smiley and pleasant faces? Funny though that the housekeeping ladies were extremely pleasant people who smiles and greets when they see you unlike the front desk staffs.
2. Lodged a complaint that the a/c unit in the room wasn't working. Room was scorching hot in that weather. Nothing was done during the day. Maintenance guy knocked on the door upon our return from day trip, came in the room, opened up the window/door to the balcony and had a look at the ac unit there, said he'll come back in a moment but was never to be seen ever again. Needless to say the entire trip we had a room which was much warmer than the surrounding environment.

Hotel Environment
1. Room seemed renovated in recent years but was unfortunately not well maintained.
2. Curtains and linens had stains on them so even though they may be clean, they appeared soiled.
3. Tiles in the bathroom were also stained so it did 'look' dirty. For a relatively average sized asian girl like me, I did bang my elbows on the wall when in the shower. So please be cautious.
4. The decorative pillows were actually plastic bags stuffed with some cotton like material so it's not something you would like to hug.
5. There was a very strange unpleasant smell around the lobby and breakfast area. It was some kind of stale air like a mix of drain and rubbish which could have been addressed by lighting up some scented candles that might have worked as a mosquito repellent as well. Be prepared to get bitten at the lobby...

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank silveryz80
Reviewed 18 November 2010

Awful hotel.

Pool very small, numbers small. It is very noisy.
Very small balconies.
There is no territory.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ivanovatatyana
Reviewed 7 February 2010

My wife, son and I stayed at this hotel in Dec 2009 for 4 nights. It is nothing fancy but we had no complaints and would have no real problems staying there again. It was clean and is well positioned relative to bars/restaurants/beach. The breakfast buffet again is nothing fancy but we found it totally fine. We didn't use the restaurant in the evening so can't comment on this. There are so many food options nearby - also food and beer was more expensive at the hotel. One complaint I would have is that the lift wasn't working for the duration of our stay - annoying if you have a kid+buggy+bags etc. Also we paid extra for a balcony - which ended up being laughable - as we had a view of dirty looking buildings (DO NOT PAY EXTRA FOR A BALCONY).
Staff: we found the staff quite friendly - no complaints. I left a book behind me and they posted it to me once i paid the postage - they were quite good about this.
The hotel does have a pool, albeit a very small one. We didn't use it. The beach is 10 mins walk away and is very nice.
Overall this hotel is a bit no frills but you get what you pay for. If you are looking for clean, basic accom then this place is great. I was a bit shocked at how rundown and congested Phuket is in general...although Karon is apparently a lot quieter than Patong area.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family