“Great price-quality value”

Ranked #57 of 134 Hotels in Karon
Antwerp, Belgium
“Great price-quality value”
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We choose this hotel last minute based on reviews from other visitors and we were very glad we did. A great hotel for a low price. Good food in the restaurant, very friendly staff, good location, ... We would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone.
Only downside was the poor knowledge of English by the staff (especially in the restaurant) and the fact that there was no elevator.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the second floor or higher, they are only a fraction more expensive but so much bet...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank drostof

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Thai first
Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

We've stayed here a few nights in 2011 but by then the hotel was perfect. Warm welcome, friendly staff and the room was good, especially for the price!! Didn't try the restaurant since I prefer the typical local 'restaurants' like one a bit further up in the street across the temple.

Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Whilst we did not stay at the hotel, I can only comment on the restaurant, the staff, food and service. All of which were excellent. To me, the best eatery in Karon Beach. Superb food, beautifully presented by friendly efficient staff. Dook, the manager makes sure that all goes smoothly. We ate there on a number of occasions, and sent other guests from our hotel to try it out. Highly recommended from myself and my husband.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Sussex england
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Beds low down on floor where there were insects which kept coming onto bed. Had to get the cleaner to spray everywhere. No good if you have a disability. Food at Breakfast poor. Not much choice. Had to wait a while for a cooked breakfast. Also asked for laundry to be ironed only. They washed it as well and tried to charge for it. Best of all broke a glass in my bathroom by accident and they said I would have to pay for it which happened to be same difference in Bhat as the difference in charge for the washing. It was only when I questioned where does it say you pay for an accidental glass breakage that they let me off. Very disappointing. Trouble getting connected to Wifi. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone who has a disability. Unless they are able to take a hoist along with them.

Room Tip: I wouldn't
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Irene B
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 7 June 2013

My wife and I stayed here 5 days as part of a 3 month SE Asia backpacking trip in early June 2013. The hotel is smaller, about 20 rooms I would say, but they are very nice and the bed is the best we have slept on so far. It is located centrally on Patak Rd. which is certainly the most happening part of Karon beach for food and bars. Breakfast was included in the $37/night we paid via Agoda (advertised much higher during the high season) and there was also a fantastic pool area with umbrellas, chairs that was quaint but nice if you didn't feel like dealing with the ocean that day. Rooms include umbrellas, beach towels, hot shower, toiletries, free wifi, good English cable channels, and even a built in apple computer that you can link to the TV very easily to surf the web if you don't have your own means. Safe included also. Breakfast consisted of your choice of eggs, sausage (hot dog), bacon, coffee or tea and there was a buffet including mixed greens, croissants, toast, fried rice and veggies (as well as other varieties of Asian foods some days), juices, and good fruit selections. The inside hotel staff was great in my opinion, no problems with them. The outside staff working the breakfast restaurant, which at night turns into a high end restaurant with $$$ prices (prob the nicest on Patak Rd.), for whatever reason seemed like they were in a bad mood a lot of times. Breakfast is advertised as being served until 11 pm (starts at 630 I believe, could be wrong) and one day I took an early morning jog arriving around 1030 to eat. All other days I was greeted, offered coffee/tea, asked if I wanted eggs, etc... I guess they were shutting down early b/c on this particular day no one approached me or my wife at all. This was our only complaint and it only seemed irritating b/c I had just come from a long run and was incredibly hungry. It was towards the later end of eating breakfast, I agree but hey, I'm on vacation. The hotel is well situated and VERY comfortable. I would consider staying here again depending on their rates at the time.

Room Tip: One side faces the pool, the other city buildings. Try and get one floor up, pool side, for a good...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank longhorn2006
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 30 May 2013

If you don't want to be locked up in a resort then a place in the city should work. With the city comes noise, etc., but the way they have this hotel located a little away from the street and with a nice noise breaker from the pool, that it makes a good compromise. The ultra fast WiFi and the included breakfast were an added bonus. The hallway could use a little more cleaning and attention but overall the staff was very attentive and our room was clean. Karon turns out to be quite a drive from the Phuket airport so it was a little further than expected. It was nice to be able to walk out of the property and find many restaurants and even walkable to the beach. Nice in the sense that you didnt need to use the local taxis or motorbikes that seem to be everywhere but a lot pricier and less friendly than in Bangkok. Overall we had a great experience and feel that the value of this hotel was there.

Room Tip: In town but away from the noise and traffic of town.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed my evening here, it is a little pricey compared to other places, but the food was nice it is niceley decorated and clean and we were really happy with the service

Was a nice dining experience

• Stayed February 2013