Baan Suay is a lovely little guesthouse with a gorgeous restaurant and very friendly staff. There were a few things that I grudgingly have to mark them down for though. The easiest way to summarise is with a pros and cons list I think...
We had a lovely spacious room which was bright, had a balcony and long windows with a pool view.
The bathroom was a good size with really powerful shower.
The pool was really nice even though it was small.
The staff were very friendly.
The food in the restaurant was nice.
There was a fridge and kettle in the room.
It is a good 20 minute walk to the beach through the town although we were not too bothered about this ourselves.
Despite the restaurant having a No Smoking sign, there seemed to be someone smoking in there everytime we walked through. I am an anti-smoker so this bothered me big time. The staff could see this but never asked the guests to smoke elsewhere.
Our room seemed to attract lots of ants which we found in an army line from the balcony door to the bathroom and a few pesky ants make in into the bed one night.
Even though they cleaned the room everyday, they did not replace our dirty cups for new ones.
They do provide a kettle and cups, but no tea or coffee.
When printing our boarding passes, they were reusing paper (that's a good thing obviously) but that meant my boarding pass was printed on the back of a copy of someone elses passport, I'm pretty sure that person would not have been very happy knowing their passport details were handed to a complete stranger.
I really did want to rate this place higher as I did really like the room and the little pool but there were just too many annoyances. I think the management needs to do some auditing of the processes they use, I think all of my problems can be addressed pretty easily.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Short walk to Karon beach, swimming pool, air condition and free Internet and wireless every room.Sawadee Kap! Welcome to Phuket, Karon Beach and Baan Suay Resort. Enjoy either of our luxurious deluxe or superior rooms. All feature king-size beds, large bathrooms with hot showers, in-room safe, fridge, cable TV, air conditioning, free high speed wireless internet and daily maid service. You will want for nothing! Start, end, or spend your entire day eating and relaxing in our fully stocked open air bar and restaurant. We serve a full complement of Thai and Western food 7 days a week from 7am to 10pm. Relax at a table or lounge on a sofa watching TV in the breezy shade or catch up with friends back home using our free desktop computer and internet service. Brought your own laptop? Take advantage of our free wireless internet access in our restaurant and all our guest rooms. If you fancy a game of pool with friends we have a free pool table for you to use but just remember don't play pool with Bow our restaurant manager as he has had to much practice over the years or maybe you can try your luck. Spend a lazy day relaxing in the brilliant Thai sunshine at our poolside, sipping one of our trademark exotic cocktails or non alcoholic beverages. Or go for a swim in our swimming pool to cool off in the heat of the day. Our greatest pride is our lovely, friendly Thai staff. Suporn, Bow, Ratri, Jam, Lisa and Pang who always want to show everyone the very best of Thai hospitality and service. Suporn and Bow speak great English and the others can communicate with a few words of English and a beautiful nod and a smile. We all know the island very well so please let our knowledge enhance your experience in Phuket. We also have a 24 hour on site taxi service for you as well with Kit our driver and a 24 hour supermarket and ATM cash machine 100 Meters away. Karon is one of Phuket's longer beaches, very popular due to its fine white sand. Being so long the sunbeds are well spaced out so it never feels crowded. Karon beach and town center is all but a short walking distance away and there you can find shopping, Restaurants, bars and markets. We hope you enjoy your stay in Thailand. Sawadee Kap ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Expedia, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Baan Suay Resort Karon Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baan Suay Resort Karon Beach Hotel Karon
- Baan Suay Hotel
- Baan Suay Resort Karon Beach Phuket