“Unbeatable location and great food”

Karon Cliff Contemporary Boutique Bungalows
Ranked #85 of 110 Speciality Lodging in Karon
Beijing, China
“Unbeatable location and great food”
Reviewed 13 February 2014

The location of this hotel is outstanding. Our room was 3 minutes walk from the beach and the view from our balcony was exceptional. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly, even putting me to bed when I was found passed out through excess alcohol consumption. Breakfast was simple but fresh and delicious while the steaks they serve in the evening were fantastic.I stayed in a number of places in the islands of Thailand and this was by far the best value for money. I will definitely come back.

Room Tip: The rooms with the balconies with the view are worth the extra.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Steven H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Leirvik, Norway
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Transferred here from a very nice three+ star hotel in Ao Nang. The first room we were given smelled of damp and urine and the bed linen was old and stained, the bathroom was not clean(the shower curtain was covered in mildew)and the shower was in a state.
We asked for a clean room which did not smell and we were given the room next door.
The new room was not much better although the cupboard did have doors and there was no smell.
Realizing it was not going to get any better we immediately booked a new hotel, but we had to stay one night a Karon Cliff.
This Hotel has obviously had no investment in its upkeep since it was built in 2008 and they seem to have a problem getting staff since they had vacancies for all positions(Reception, cook, maid, hostess and waiter)
The outside of the hotel was also in a state of disrepair and was very untidy.
To be honest I could go on and on about how bad it is and to be honest the photographs of this hotels rooms on various sites are a gross misrepresentation and should be illegal!
I spoke to the owner(who said he was Danish) when we checked out and he didn't seem to care about my comments, the only thing he said was that the 7 days we had paid for was non-refundable..therefore he is making money no matter what!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Douglas M

Travellers are raving about these Karon hotels

Woolloongabba
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Had a really good stay here. Staff were friendly and helpful, the view was fantastic and the food was good. For the price I paid, the room was spacious and had everything I needed, king sized bed, air con and hot and cold running water. As I am not the type of traveler to hang around my room it was very functional for what I required it for, sleeping and bathing. Conditions can be a little scary on the wet tiles outside if it has been raining and you have thongs/sandals etc as it can be extremely slippery. I wouldn't recommend it for someone who has difficulty getting around as there are a large amount of stairs. A jungle walk leads you to the beach and a twenty minute wander along the sandy shore leads you to the main hub of Karon. I would recommend your own transport(you can hire mopeds at a reasonable price there)if you were to head to Karon everyday but if you are happy to take a walk on the beach each time there is no need.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Great place, I only spent one night here in (offseason) late August.
On top of the cliff, overlooking Karon Beach, great views. A quick walk down the hill and your on a quiet beautiful beach for some good local food at dusk. Room was kind of in-between bungalow/apartment style. simple, neat & quiet. Friendly staff.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I recently stayed 3 days in phuket in this hotel as i came alone the staff was Extremely helpful and Jolly in nature they used to make jokes and laugh with me never thought that i`m alone Pon and pinky are the best... only bad thing is there nothing near it except the beach... :((

Room Tip: Talk to Noi He knows everything in Phuket
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank akhileshvijh
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I would like to go against the grain here by saying I had a magnificent time, staff great & friendly this isn't the ritz this is a bungalow on a cliff in a jungle yes there will be bugs that's because you're in a jungle, I was there for two weeks alone and I didn't get bored because your trip is only as good as the ideas you have of what to do, yes I wish there was a pool but what's better than that is a beach which is a two minute walk plus the view you have of karon it's awe inspiring , I'm a firm believer in you get back what you put in and if you put yourself In this place you'll have a great time , this place deserves better reviews I loved this place and I think if you go with the right attitude you will too..

• Stayed July 2013
4 Thank GregZil
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Reviewed 16 March 2013

This place would be so awesome if the staff were welcoming and the put just a little more effort into upkeep. Instead we felt like we were being squeezed for money left and right. Want a beer to sit and enjoy the view? Expect to pay 3 times what it should cost. They can arrange for a taxi for you, but at 4 times what it should cost. We missed a shuttle because they didn't tell the driver we were still in our room. We'd given the shuttle service our room number but they just let him leave.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends