“Great Food ...” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #189 of 355 Restaurants in Karon
Price range: US$2 - US$25
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, European
Good for: Cheap Eats, Local cuisine, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Baan Sailom Restaurant Karon Beach is a great place to grab a bite to eat, We offer great service and even better food. You can order traditional Thai food, or go with a cheeseburger if you like. Come check us out, a good dinner, we in the baan sailom restaurant has a wide selection of the one that suits both before, during and after dinner! A warm welcome to Baan Sailom Restaurant!
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Great Food ...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

We were staying next door at the Phuket Orchid, and was a bit turned off by all the Russian writing out the front and on the menu, so didn't try this until our last night, expecting it to be full of Russians (as was our hotel next door). We were pleasantly surprised, and had a great meal.
The food was delicious, and the service was great.
Wish we had of tried it earlier.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Lucy M

• Polish first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Does not cater for vegetarians”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

After the great reviews we decided to try this place. Thailand is usually very veg friendly but clearly the Russian domination of this area has removed that. They did not have tofu or even the basic vegetarian pad Thai! Had to substitute meat for vegetables in the curry instead but was not very filling at all. It's not a critisim of the restaurant but more that the tourist population has clearly removed a lot of what is Thai in this area, will not be visiting karon again.

“Good food in great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

Fast friendly service, great curries, not the cheapest in the area but food was delicious, would definitely recommend eating here.

• Visited December 2013
3 Thank Deano790
Hue, Vietnam
“Continuously Craving Creamy Coconut Curries.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

This place is close enough to the beach to have 'hiked-up' tourist prices, for some reason it has a pretty average price range for the Karon Beach area. The staff were friendly and approachable and we took it as an opportunity to practice our Korp kun Khap and Korp kun kaa. My Girlfriend and I ordered a Green Curry and a Panaeng Curry and shared. Both dishes were cooked to perfection and had a spicy kick to them (as requested). We shared a large Chang and basked in the open plan restaurant just within the reach of a fan. The restaurant is clean and has got a visually friendly decor. For those who like to dine outdoors, there seemed to be a garden or green patch out the back but we opted not to explore but to leave a well earned tip and go to the beach. I could not fault this restaurant and would without a doubt return should I ever find myself back in Russia.. I mean.. back in Karon Beach.

• Visited November 2013
3 Thank ModernArty
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Confused by other reviews...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

We decided as a group of 4 to try the Baan Sailom as a result of the reviews.
We were very disappointed. It seems that Starters and Main courses are served as and when they are ready, sometimes before the main, sometimes with or after. I ordered a fish dish which came out cold, when I sent it back, I got exactly the same dish back and I can only assume it had been heated in a microwave. My starter arrived after my main dish which after sending the main back, was not such a bad thing.
We all got our food at different times and not once were we asked if we wanted more drinks.
I think they are missing a trick there!
All in all, very confused by the other reviews - I won't be recommending it.
Much better places to eat like next door - the Phuket Orchid. Very good service and the food was excellent!

• Visited December 2013