“Great Atmosphere” 4 of 5 bubbles

Two Chefs - Karon Beach
Ranked #33 of 356 Restaurants in Karon
Price range: US$2 - US$6
Cuisines: Mexican, European, Asian, Thai, Australian, International
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Two Chefs Bar & Grill Karon is in the small lively street opposite The little mermaid and just around the corner from the Centara. Two Chefs have served our guests since 2000 in Phuket and we have we always done it with the guest in the center. Two Chefs Karon offer you a great international menu, top class cocktails and a high end service. At Two Chefs Karon we also have our famous house band from the Philippines. So if you just want enjoy a drink or have great three course dinner with your beloved one, you are always welcome at Two Chefs Karon.
UK
“Great Atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

Worth going just for the music, very good girl band (at time). Reasonably priced good quality drinks and food. Very pleasant staff. It's worth getting there early, have a few drinks, enjoy the atmosphere and then eat. Because it's good, they fill up quickly

Visited January 2014

• Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
“Great dinner choice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

Prior to arriving in Phuket my wife wanted to eat here because the online reviews said this is the best place to eat in town. So before venturing out of the hotel I hit Google maps which was very confused when I asked it how to get here. On the map it looked close but when I asked it to map it, it said it was a 36 minute walk. I finally decided we were gonna to just go for it and it ended up being only a 10 minute walk.

I made an online reservation via email for 6pm and received a confirmation from May. When I arrived at the restaurant May seemed confused and tried booking me for a new reservation for 6 people. We were lost in translation but we finally got our table.

The menu kind of reminds me of a really fancy Cheesecake Factory. They we're trying to please everyone with there variety but I was in Thailand to eat Thai food only. There were plenty of steaks, burgers, Mexican, tex-mex. Swedish, Italian & Thai options.

I started out a Tom Yan Soup which stated it was very spicy but it was very subtle. I always thought Thai food was hot but there hottest doesn't even begin to hurt me. The soup was very tasty and delicious. I was so happy with my starter I couldn't wait for my main course.

I ordered a Thai red snapper fillet that was covered in a spicy fish sauce and deep fried basil with a side of rice. The fish was really fresh. I am also in love with the spicy garlic fish sauce. I kind of want to spread the sauce on everything. I was really happy with my choice for dinner. I would definitely order this dish again.

Large liters of Chang Thai beer were only 90 Bat or $2.81 American. Now that is a deal. It reminded me of what beer prices were in Amsterdam when they still had the gilder as there money. This is there happy hour all day/night long, which is very generous.

My little one had a hamburger and loved it. I tasted the patty and was really impressed. It came with fries but they were not very good.

My wife ordered V8 or the vegetarian eggplant in a red curry sauce. She really liked it. She is a curry nut.

My little one also got a chocolate shake. I was able to take a small sip and realized it tasted like a birthday cake. It was very rich and delicious.

This place has live entertainment but we came to early to enjoy any of that. If you arrive for dinner at 6ish, then you should have no issues grabbing a table. Most people eating here are only eating non-Thai food. I talked to other tourist and most told me they don't like Thai food. All I could think is why do you go on vacation if you only want to eat food that reminds you of home. It makes no sense to me but I guess I'm different. I will always choose local authentic food over what I am comfortable with. That is part of the food adventure.

2 Thank Antkneee
“Food reasonable, entertainment great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

Overall a good experience, food was reasonably priced and of good quality. However portion size was on the small side. Felt hungry within about an hour of finishing our meal. We did revisit again a couple of times not for the food but for drinks in the evening. The entertainment, a trio of female singers/musicians were fantastic. Worth a visit to hear them play. Better options for food in Karon

1 Thank Sotech1
Melbourne, Australia
“Very impressed ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is great!
Went there several times.
Always had a full house of happy customers. The live music was amazing and the staff were so very friendly. We received several free items like a small entree and slushy throughout our dinner. Food was beautiful and my husband and I would definitely go back. Toilets were also very clean. Loved it!!!

2 Thank heat39
Caxias, Portugal
“The Best!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

Very, Very, Very Good restaurante.
The food is excellent and the environment is chill out!!
The staff is always in a good mood and can speak english quite well... not very comum in Thailand!!
Good music and very freindly musicians, singing anything you ask, even in Portuguese....
The price is a bit high comparing to other restaurants in Karon Beach, is it's worth it.
Hope i can go there soon...