We stayed here for ten nights. We initially had booked to stay at Centara Villas but due to maintenance were moved to the Centara grand beach. This could not have been any better for us! The rooms were beautiful. We were in the most 'basic' room style and it was the nicest hotel room I've ever stayed in. Beds were huge and comfy and they are superbly decorated. All rooms have a sea view.
The location was ideal for us, not right in the action but within walking distance to Karon (about ten minutes) and short Tuk Tuk ride to Patong. Karon is much smaller and quieter than Patong but we enjoyed both. Both had lots of nice restaurants but Pating had more bars and places to just drink.
Hotel pools were lovely, plenty to do! More than enough sunbeds and parasols. Hotel food is far more expensive than other restuarants around. Though it is very good food. There is a little beach restaurant just outside the hotel called daeng. It's cheap and the food is really good. Mainly Thai food. We had lunch there most days. It's about quarter of the price of the hotel. Hotel breakfast was great lots of choice and plenty of lovely fresh food and an ommelette station.
Would highly recommend this hotel. We were upgraded here for free so not too sure of actual price although I can say that it is a truly fanastic hotel full of friendly and helpful staff excellent and right on the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drawing its design theme from the classic Sino-Portuguese architecture that characterises Phuket Town, Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket is set directly on the sands at Karon Beach, backed by a green hill, and grouped around its own water park. The resort offers a memorable holiday experience for everyone: couples and families will love the exhilarating leisure activities, the water sports, and of course the water park, and corporate and incentive groups have fine meeting facilities. The accommodation offers a comforting and relaxing ambience for all, and for guests preferring seclusion, the villas provide exclusivity along with great views, and come with the Club category benefits. The award-winning spa, SPA Cenvaree, is a luxurious treat that everyone will enjoy, and has suites for singles and couples. The drive to and from Phuket International Airport is easy and convenient, and takes less than one hour by road. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Agoda, Odigeo, Travelbag, Fastbooking, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Hotel Karon
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Karon