We have recently returned home from our holiday at Centara Grand and I can honestly say that not one person out of our party of ten had anything less than a fabulous time.
We travelled as a rambunctious family of 10 with 5 children aged between 3 and 14 and 5 adults (my parents and brother) and stayed for 12 days.
We arrived at the resort at about 11.00pm and were greeted with a cold drink and then taken by buggy to our rooms. Between us we had one deluxe club suite, a one bedroom pool villa and a two bedroom pool villa. The only issue we had with the villa was the pre arranged fold out beds had not been brought up, a quick call to reception and they were up within 15 minutes of our arrival.
The Cove is great and has something available for everyone, Even our 3 year old extremely fussy little boy!
I think we ate at the Mare 4 times, every time the food was superb.
Although I think the wine list could do with some expansion!
During the days the kids barely left the lazy river. Mos & Nut the lifeguards were brilliant with the kids, my boys want to go back just to see them!
It saddens me to see people whining about the hills, we stayed in villa 909, when you get to the top of the hill there are three flights of stairs to climb before reaching the room... This in no way affected our holiday. And as for the hill at the entrance, we made a game of who could get to the top the fastest!! I even beat the kids on a couple of occasions...however I do feel physical activity is a good thing for our precious little ones :/
All of the adults enjoyed the Cenvaree spa very much, with the ladies returning on three separate occasions.
Finally I would like to commend the resort on their ability to respond to a guests urgent needs, halfway into our holiday my mother became extremely ill and could not move. A doctor was called in immediately and she was given pain medication and made comfortable while waiting for the ambulance. Further tests at Bangkok hospital in Phuket fortunately showed it was only an ulcer and she could return to the holiday. She was asked repeatedly how she was doing and if she needed anything.
We loved the Centara and will be returning. honeymooners, maybe try the Banyan Tree or Trisara if you want something more intimate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drawing its design theme from the classic Sino-Portuguese architecture that characterises Phuket Town, Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket is set directly on the sands at Karon Beach, backed by a green hill, and grouped around its own water park. The resort offers a memorable holiday experience for everyone: couples and families will love the exhilarating leisure activities, the water sports, and of course the water park, and corporate and incentive groups have fine meeting facilities. The accommodation offers a comforting and relaxing ambience for all, and for guests preferring seclusion, the villas provide exclusivity along with great views, and come with the Club category benefits. The award-winning spa, SPA Cenvaree, is a luxurious treat that everyone will enjoy, and has suites for singles and couples. The drive to and from Phuket International Airport is easy and convenient, and takes less than one hour by road. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Fastbooking, Southall Travel, Agoda, Travelbag, Odigeo, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Hotel Karon
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket Karon